Brainerd MN AutoX June 16 + 17 2017

Gauging interest in a WSCC Brainerd invasion for June 16 + 17.  This is the same weekend as the Calgary WCMA Regional Event.  Thought this might be a great substitute event for those that can't make it to Calgary.

This Autocross event is unusual as its a no work required event (no chasing cones).

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/proving-grounds-2017-1-road-course-tts-autox-brainerd-intl-raceway-345179

9 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Brainerd looks like a really nice circuit.

I have many laps on that circuit. Two things to note:

1. It is a lot faster than it looks. The straght is about a mile long, turn one is banked and turn two has surprised many.

2. There is armco barrier before the bridge. People hit it. A fellow on an H2 hit it when I was there and was hurt really bad.

This was in the mid-late 70's, things may have changed.

I went to Proving Grounds with a few others a couple years ago. It's definitely a unique experience. I did not drive however just did media coverage. It's essentially folk fest for car nuts. The autocross course is on the skid pad which has walls on either side. Autocross, Drag, and Time Attack/HPDE going on at once. If you have the opportunity to go I would recommend it. 

• 1 month later...

Archived