Friday April 26/24 Track Day (also known as an HPDE)

I apologize for being so late with this notice.  The track will be open for late registrations at 10am.  Newcomers will have to get themselves into Al's orientation at 11.  Better get registered before that.  Track goes hot at noon.  We'll have a short lunch break around 3:30 to feed our staff.  There's no food concession at the track but you'll have time to run into Gimli and grab something.  Higher horsepower cars will probably need gas too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is there any rule regarding fuel cans at the track? I've considered bringing a 5 gallon gas canister to the track but I can appreciate there being some concern about dozens of fuel canisters around the track if everyone started doing it.

11 hours ago, kevinieung said:

Are the car number registration list and future schedules coming soon as well?

Working on it as we speak. Still some wrinkles to iron out regarding reserved number being locked in.  As far as the schedule for HPDE/Track Day events, they will coincide with the race weekend dates as shown on our Website Calendar:

image.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ron Janzen said:

Is there any rule regarding fuel cans at the track? I've considered bringing a 5 gallon gas canister to the track but I can appreciate there being some concern about dozens of fuel canisters around the track if everyone started doing it.

No, there is no rule saying that you can't bring extra fuel to the track.

Obviously the fuel needs to be stored in an approved container. Just as a quick reminder to everyone who does so: As the day gets hotter and the sun shines on the jerry cans, they will pressurize dramatically. Please relief that pressure on a regular basis - every race weekend I see plastic containers which have taken on the shape of a soccer ball due to the excessive pressure inside.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, donrolandofurioso said:

No, there is no rule saying that you can't bring extra fuel to the track.

Obviously the fuel needs to be stored in an approved container. Just as a quick reminder to everyone who does so: As the day gets hotter and the sun shines on the jerry cans, they will pressurize dramatically. Please relief that pressure on a regular basis - every race weekend I see plastic containers which have taken on the shape of a soccer ball due to the excessive pressure inside.

And then there is this from the WCMA Sporting Regulations. It's all about using common sense and being safe.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder:

Registration to Friday's HPDE is open! Go to:

WSCC 2024 HPDE Track Day #1 (Friday) (motorsportreg.com)

and sign up for a day of fun at Gimli Motorsport Park!

This event is open to seasoned (green wristband) drivers, as well as new participants. For a person who always thought about trying out an HPDE/ Hotlapping event, this is the one to sign up for! You will be surrounded by many seasoned club members who all are eager to help you. Come out, get your probationary period over with on this Friday, and then you will be green status and have some experience by the time the next event comes up. Furthermore, by getting in your first event this week you will be eligible to sign up for lapping on race days (Saturdays and Sundays).