HUGE THANKS to the Volunteers!

Rare Snake

We made it through again, everyone. There is always a bit of chaos at first, but when the actions starts, you are always there for us, rock solid, doing the things you do. I left the park today feeling proud of how the weekend went, and I hope you all felt the same too. I apologize if I missed some of you before you left, I was hoping to thank you all in person. But hopefully you are reading this and believing... we could not pull any of this off without you. I very much appreciate what you do for the club, and I cannot thank you enough. Now we can work on getting the ringing out of our ears until the next time... and please... if you were anywhere near Station 2, 3, 4, or the sea can putting stuff away for even 10 seconds... do a good check for woodticks! They were nuts this weekend!! I spent the last 2 days in the back of a truck parked on cement, and I still found some today.

You guys rock, see you in August.

Dason

• Like 3

I want to chime in here, and echo Dason's comments.

I am always one of the first persons to sign up as a driver for any of our events, expecting to have a great weekend filled with the smell of burnt fuel and abused brakes, the squeal of tires and the rushes of adrenaline. But at the same time, I also realize that this is not going to happen without all of your help. Some of you are easy to see when you are at the flagging stations, where we keep looking for you. However, there are so many of you who are just as important as the station marshals to make each event a success, and while you are not as easy to see and therefore have a seemingly less fancy (?) job to do, we still appreciate you and understand that you are just as important to the success of the event as the next volunteer.

I, for one, cannot stop marveling at the dedication of all of you. This past weekend was the first race weekend for about ten months, yet you guys and gals pulled it off as if you had been doing the same thing every weekend in the past few months. Thank you to all of you - while not voiced often enough, there is definitely a tremendous appreciation for all of you!

Edited by donrolandofurioso
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All volunteers - U guys & gals ROCK!

Seriously fantastic job!  It really is hard to believe such an event can be run without a hitch like that. No blooper reels from this bunch. The professionalism from this crowd is simply over the top.

Thank you for such a great effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1