Canadian National AutoSlalom Championship

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom Championshiphaha well sue that's the driving down music.we bought those cd's on our trip home from calgary. and we were very very close to having to pull over more then once because we were laughing so hard that i had to use one hand to keep my eye open to see the road. our stomachs hurt so badly that it made us laugh more.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipThese are the people that have expressed an interest and I'm staying in contact with:Sue T Jim T Carlin L JT L Mike F (looking for co-drive) Kerry F (looking for co-drive) Corey D Nish GDave Pr (possibly?)Joe PJeremy Cand Dennis B from SKThat would be 12! :grin:Did you all see my pm last night?Sue :)

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom Championship

Katie I know you and your sister are coming...are you planning on competing?

not a chance. nuh uh. nope. nadda. zilch. zero!i'll barely be able to drive (if at all) there's no way i'm subjecting myself to that.

These are the people that have expressed an interest and I'm staying in contact with:Sue T Jim T Carlin L JT L Mike F (looking for co-drive) Kerry F (looking for co-drive) Corey D Nish GDave Pr (possibly?)Joe PJeremy Cand Dennis B from SKThat would be 12! :grin:Did you all see my pm last night?Sue  :)

Sue, you can add me to your list. I'm hoping to make the trip as well. :)

Sue' date=' you can add me to your list.   I'm hoping to make the trip as well.  :)[/quote']Woohoo! That is awesome Noel! I noticed that you had registered on the autoslalom.ca site... ;)Please check your pms in a few minutes.Sue T Jim T Carlin L JT L Mike F (looking for co-drive) Kerry F (looking for co-drive) Corey D Nish G Dave Pr (possibly?) Joe P Jeremy C Noel M and Dennis B from SK

http://www.autoslalom.ca web site will recieve an email ahead of everyone' date=' when the registration actually opens.Also, [b']the registration link will only be available to registered users of the site, in other words, you must be logged in.

Kerry, Joe, Jeremy, Dennis, Dave? I don't see you registered on the autoslalom site yet.I see a Tim R registered on there, are you thinking of attending Tim? ;)Sue :)

I see a Tim R registered on there, are you thinking of attending Tim?

'tis me Sue, but I am as-of-yet undecided. I know I would get thrashed down there but it could still be fun. An Altima on streets just doesn't quite make Nationals material. My biggest issue is the time factor. I can't recall when holidays are with the sitter.

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipOkay next question...when are people planning on travelling there and back. My original thoughts were to leave Wednesday night get there Thursday evening get a good nights rest and be ready for the Friday Test and Tune/ProSolo...what are other people thinking?

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom Championshipif I pay in advance to secure a spot and decide not to go, do I looose my moola? sorry I'd look harder.. but browsing at clients place when I'm suppose to be migrating exchange server to SBS 2003 :PThanks

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipHi There,Figure this, there will be 200 open spots for sale.  If it's sold out, I wonder what the value of your spot would be, if you sold it.Hummmm.Now I'm not condoning scalping it, but you get the drift.  Suffice it to say, I don't think you'll be out.   :grin:

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipHey guys,I have asked for some clarification so you don't have to spend your entire weekend glued to your computer. ;)As for when to leave, we haven't really talked about it but I'd like to be there sooner than Thursday night. The road trip would be more fun as a group though.Sue :)

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom Championshipdriving going through the states is quicker... but going through northern onatrio is nice...if you do the northern Ontario route. I recommend Winnipeg to Thunder bay, thunder bay to Sault ste. Marie, and then on to toronto.

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom Championshipi've done the route to toronto through the states many times.  first day i've always stayed in Madison (just outside of Chicago) and then the 2nd day I drove the rest.  if the weather's nice it easily doable in 20-21 hours.  US freeways are so fast! :)when we leave depends how much people want to spend on hotel and stuff.  if we leave early wednesday morning we'll get there thursday evening.  since i plan on quitting my job and taking all of august off, i don't care when we leave. :) lolps. of course i still need to find something to drive. ::)

Kerry' date=' Joe, Jeremy, Dennis, Dave? I don't see you registered on the autoslalom site yet.I see a Tim R registered on there, are you thinking of attending Tim? ;)Sue :)[/quote']At this time with season passes and everything all at once, i dont think its looking to be so hot, as i spent a ton of money on parts again. Toronto isnt as feasable for me as say calgary would be, where I have friends and could cut the cost a bit. So thanks, but I think im going to have to withdraw from this dream. :)

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipI have done the wpg to Ontario trip dozens of times (45?). Traffic in Chicago is horrible between 6 am and 11 pm, but that route is good in snowy/ foggy weather; Duluth-Mackinaw is shorter. It is about as pretty as the Thunderbay route, but many hours shorter. The roads are safer to Duluth than to TB. US freeways are even safer (crashes per million miles) than even major roads like US#2. Another factor. Keep it in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Canadian National AutoSlalom ChampionshipDone Winnipeg to T.O. in 17hrs in a hurry, you can do it in 20 hours legally... go down and across hwy#2 and then cross back into Canada at the Sault. them down the ( #11 or #17 I forget ) to the 400 into Barrie then on to Toronto.The other advantge is civilization in the middle of the night for gas and "pit stops that normally require indoor facilities for both sexes"And the roads are better.you guys love my stories... ::) ask me about the time I blew a tire in the middle of the night in the middle of no-where N. Ont with no lock nut key. I will never go that way again.

I like the idea of the ST/STU/STX unofficial classes bbqman posted there

That part of the thread has me confused, easily done I know. :PThe way I read it is that there will not be street tire classes and it will basically be like autox here last year where R's and Streets were paxed as one. The thinking is that if they separate them, then the street classes would be "unofficial". Does that pretty much sum it up or am I missing something?

That part of the thread has me confused' date=' easily done I know.  :PThe way I read it is that there will not be street tire classes and it will basically be like autox here last year where R's and Streets were paxed as one. The thinking is that if they separate them, then the street classes would be "unofficial". Does that pretty much sum it up or am I missing something? [/quote']They wouldn't be official since we don't have Street Touring classes in the CAC rules.  I'm not sure how they'd set it up or if they will.  It'd be up to the organizers.http://www.autoslalom.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4&start=10

Hi All,The registration is now open for the ASN Canada FIA, Canadian Autoslalom Championsips. Be part of the AutoXgames in Toronto. The venue is located minutes away from the airport at 650 Dixon Rd, Malton, Ontario. Click the "Getting Here" links for maps and sattelite shots to the event venue.You must be registered on the Autoslalom.ca site to be able to see the "Event Registration" link. This prevents malicious few from putting in false registrations.To register:1) Click the "Event Registration" link on the top menu bar, and fill out the registration form. The information in that form will be used for the timing and scoring computer.2) Once you've filled out the registration form, pay for the event by clicking on the "Paypal" payment link, on top of the page.Confirmed entries will be secured a spot. Unconfirmed entries will be deleted automatically every 2 weeks.Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you at the CAC2006 "AutoXgames"Autoslalom.ca

Done Winnipeg to T.O. in 17hrs in a hurry' date=' you can do it in 20 hours legally... go down and across hwy#2 and then cross back into Canada at the Sault. them down the ( #11 or #17 I forget ) to the 400 into Barrie then on to Toronto.[/quote']well to finish off the directions.. you'd be on 17 in Sault Ste. Marie. then you can stay on that till you get to north bay and then head south.... or you can turn off the 17 when you are in Sudbury and head south on the 69. Should save some time... (I've gone this route before) it should shave 2 or 3 hours taking 69 since it's about 1.5 hours past Sudbury to get to North bay.

Archived