What Class Am I In? - Part 2

Guest djw

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Shocks make a bigger difference than you'd think. They don't increase it's ultimate cornering ability, but in transient situations (where the body is still rolling) they make the car feel better and react better.The negative to this is that it's more sensitive to your inputs, so if you are rough it gives you twitchiness* right back.* Is twitchiness even a word? [smiley=laugh.gif]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2

anything other than oem replacement springs will bump you to SS and cost you 3 points.

It'd be hard to prove but the springs have to match the car year too. I could put 94 Miata springs in which are shorter than my soon to be 97's but that'd bump me to CSS.

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Okay curious what i would be in in various stages of tunning. All for an 06 sti-Stage1= Stock 06 sti-Stage 2= lowering/stiffer springs, Full turbo back exhaust, stock rubber and rims.Stage 2 is what i have now so that would be ess?What if i added these to my stage 2-cobb AP (controls boost)-rear sway bar larger-18" 255 tires (stock 225, 17')

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Still BSS (as I believe the STi is being moved from ESS). 3 points for springs, 1 point for sway bar and 2 points for altered boost levels. 6 points in total maxxing you out for the BSS class. The only part I'm uncertain about are the up/down pipes. If they add prep points then you're in SP.

I might be joining the Azenis club this year

I hope you don't expect my old Azenis to last a season. [smiley=laugh.gif] If you're buying new Edgeracing.com's sale prices are now their regular prices, at least for my tire size they are.

Oh, btw.. you know how you were looking for 15x7's? You weren't the only one.. :grin:

Glad to hear it Wray. It seemed like everyone in DSS was going to R's.. Did you find some? I found some but they were heavy so I went with Heliums in a 6.5.. :)

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2I dunno... is 10lbs heavy? :grin:I haven't got them yet. Should have the tires within the next few weeks, and the rims by march or april I hope.205/50-15 RT-615'sAnd Gemini, I had actually forgotten about those tires. lol

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Question about "body panels"The rules state

Lightweight or removed panel. A panel is defined as a convertible top, trunk or hatchback (or similar) lid, door, fender, hood, grille, valance, or any other coachwork panel that may be unbolted or unfastened from the body structure.

Last year I put a Civic Type-R replica wing on my Civic. I think it actually weighs more than the stock wing. Is this actually assessed as a prep point? LSD - 1 pointUseless wing - 1 point??????Thanks.

Thank-you sir.Yay' date=' 1 point remaining! How shall I spend it....hmmm[/quote']Well, in terms of point-effectiveness (not necessarily cost-effectiveness) I think your best choice would be a racing seat, fire extinquisher and a removed passenger seat. Should save you about 60 lbs. Good luck selling that idea to your wife. :grin:

Aren't the modification/addition of LSD going to be dissalowed in stock?
I'm glad you posted since I was considering a LSD in stock. I hadn't heard anything about it but it looks like it's undecided right now. From CSCC's forum
Hmmmm.....this may be something that has slipped through the cracks.....don't think after-market LSD's were supposed to be allowed in stock........ It shows up in the prep point schedule but not elsewhere in the rules (where it should also)....which indicates an error/typo. This allowance in stock would not seem to make sense for me - some cars come with LSD' date=' some do not and that is taken into consideration when classifying cars. We would have to re-classify some cars if an LSD is allowed......maybe lots of cars. It makes too much of a difference - particularly in FWD. We are talking about this on the technical committee right now. Stay tuned. Reijo[/quote']I know the CAC committee is doing what they can but this is a pretty good example of why SCCA rules could be better. Our first event is in about 3 months and we're still not sure what the rules will be while the 2006 SCCA rules have been out since the fall. :-/

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Sorry I'm maybe  still a bit of a noob here I was looking at the class sheet posted earlier and it seems that the Tempo v6 doesn't fall under D class anymore? Is it now going to be under F class?Thats what the chart looks like if I'm reading it right? If my CAi is a problem for classing the car maybe be I'll have to put the stock intake back in. :P I'd hate to that car is so...lacking air into and out of the engine. But maybe to place the car in a better class I will do what is required of me. So I guess my question is do I stay in DSS or do I fall into F stock class with an all stock Tempo? 92 tempo Gl v6 by the way..

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2I'm completely new this year, I've been out to watch once or twice, but never raced. This year that's about to change, thing is I can't quite figure out which class I'm in due to the motor swap done on this car. Here`s what I have:95 Civic VX1.6 D16Z6 Motor swapped in (95 civic si)H&R Cup kitIntegra Type R sway bars f&rCamber kit f&rFull Cat Back RS*R Exmag exhaustAEM short ram intakeShort shifterI'm pretty sure I'm in DSS, as D is where the Civic SI would be placed in, and with the mods I have I should still be in SS.Thanks ahead of time

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Your engine swap falls under the "Update/Backdate Rule" which is only permitted in SP. Camber adjustability also puts you in SP.A Civic VX would normally be in FSP but because your engine is from the Si (which is in DSP) your car would go to DSP.Hope I haven't missed anything.

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I didn't quite understand how that update/backdate rule worked.I can't believe I had civic spelled incorrect, oh well it's changed now.I'm really looking forward to spring now, just have to make sure I get everything ready to go on this car before then.

Tempo V6 goes G-Stock --> D-SS --> D-SP

Thanks for the class tree..ok looks like still DSS for me..lol..good for learning..but will never be competative if you look as whats running in DSS. Who knows when I might upgrade? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: What Class Am I In? - Part 2Clarification in rules:

Interior trim removal, defined as interior body panels, dashboard,headliner, sun visors, carpet, underpad, sound insulation, and anyother interior dress-up or comfort items.2 points

Removal or substitution of a front seat or any/all of the rear seat(s).Removal of the seat also permits the removal of the seat belt(s) forthat seat(s).1 point each

so if I remove my rear seat, and replace both front seats that is 3 points?and 1 point for front sway and 1 point for rear sway right?

so if I remove my rear seat' date=' and replace both front seats that is 3 points?and 1 point for front sway and 1 point for rear sway right?[/quote']Right on both accounts. Seatbelts are included in the seat points too. They're pretty weighty.If you take the 3 points in SP you can pretty much put any suspension you want under your car, but you can't change the subframes.

Archived