Spring Nat's 2018

Spring Nats are May 26 - 28 this year. Anybody planning on going? 

If you're planning to make the trip are you interested in a house vs hotel? If so chime in. I will likely be booking a house rental soon for my co-driver and myself. We could split the cost more ways if anybody is interested. As it stands now the house is potentially costing us less than a hotel (depends on size) and we get more room, slightly longer drive to the event, but more room...I think I mentioned that twice. Depending on how many want in we may need to bring air mattresses and sleeping bags. 

We are thinking get there on the 25th and leave on the 28th and do the drive over the course of 2 days. This would have us leaving Winnipeg on the 24th and returning on the 29th. 

Even if you don't want in on the house rental we should get a list going of who is thinking of going. It really is a good time and you get to seem some awesome cars in a far more relaxed environment than Nationals. 

Edited by justkickin

On 1/17/2018 at 7:42 AM, MRS Joe said:

If your going to spring nats, your not doing the pro and the tour?  

Wasn't planning on it due to time, money and risk. That and I found that many long days really tiring last time I did it and could not focus as well for the tour as I would have wanted to. As much fun as the Pro's are the risk reward isn't optimal for me. Based on Corey's response though I might go for the Pro, will take some convincing though. 

2 hours ago, justkickin said:

Wasn't planning on it due to time, money and risk. That and I found that many long days really tiring last time I did it and could not focus as well for the tour as I would have wanted to. As much fun as the Pro's are the risk reward isn't optimal for me. Based on Corey's response though I might go for the Pro, will take some convincing though. 

Your in prime shape, and I found the pro got my head straight to the grip level and got me focused for the tour. Also helps I won the pro... :P

That trip is out of the cards for me no matter how much I want to go though for ‘18

2 hours ago, MRS Joe said:

Your in prime shape, and I found the pro got my head straight to the grip level and got me focused for the tour. Also helps I won the pro... :P

Thanks, but I don't qualify as an alien the way you do though. ;)

Edited by justkickin

8 hours ago, justkickin said:

Thanks, but I don't qualify as an alien the way you do though. ;)

I’m no alien. I just find on the tour, you are in a pinch to get used to the surface in short time. By having 3 heats in the pro, with four runs each, that’s a lot of bonus seat time to make the trip that much more worthwhile.

Otherwise I’d just go to fall nats myself personally as that’s the real big show, more to see and bigger competition over two days. 

:end thread jack... 

• 5 weeks later...

So looks like the house I was looking at for $107/night is no longer available. However this one at $190/night is available. If we're agreed I can book it for May 25 - 28 as the pricing quickly climbs after this house making hotels more attractive. Split 4 ways this house is about the same as a hotel split 2 ways and the price goes down with more coming on board. We could see if some from Calgary want in as well...could become the Canada house. lol

https://www.vrbo.com/1119712

If we don't want to do this, no harm no foul, but we should probably get on accommodations now as they tend to fill fast.

BTW, Chris and I are planning on Spring Nats and Nats this year. @MRS Joe, you could join us in the fall. 

Edited by justkickin

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 8:07 PM, justkickin said:

Spring Nats are May 26 - 28 this year. Anybody planning on going? 

Love to go but planning to be in Alaska in May....  

Edited by evolv
error

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...