Can I use rental car in autocross event

My car is in the bodyshop right now so I can't use it, but I do have a rental car, can I register that for autocross on saturday? Corey told me on the other forum that I probably can't, can someone confirm? I really want to run on saturday :(or if someone wants to let me co-drive, I can pay $10 for the tires and gas.My friend will let me use his car but he will only go on sunday.

Bad idea. My vote is don't do it.
Yea I'm leaning away from that idea' date=' but still, I want seat timeeee LOL
Keep in mind' date=' there is no insurance coverage when you are racing. How much does that rental car cost to replace?[/quote']I don't really know, what could I possibly hit in autocross track though?
what an asinine question
Oh I'm so sorry smart guy

We don't police ownership or permission to race so it is entirely between you and the rental company as to whether you race it. I've witnessed a rental Lincoln Town Car racing in CP at Nationals so you wouldn't be the first.

Maybe it wasn't in writing but I thought there was something about being the registered OWNER of the vehicle entered in the event? Been away for a while so very likely I'm mistaken.

You're mistaken. We don't tech your car anymore either. You have to do it yourself.

You're mistaken. We don't tech your car anymore either. You have to do it yourself.

Interesting, I wonder where liability would land if someone were to use a vehicle, not in 'their name', have an accident during an event, damages, injuries.. Where MPI and said rental co waive coverage... Possibly with the 'driver' knowing this. Assuming insurance is in place, I'm surprised that responsibility would be left to an entrant. Again, I haven't even registered for any events for eons so perhaps it is spelled out when doing so. I personally would not want to have to chase another event participant for that kind of $$. The club could be on the hook, as host of the event, no?

There's no change from being a car owner - the owner/renter pays out of their pocket. Autocross is statistically safer than the drive to the site, but you still need to be responsible for your own actions while on site.

Interesting' date=' I wonder where liability would land if someone were to use a vehicle, not in 'their name', have an accident during an event, damages, injuries.. Where MPI and said rental co waive coverage... Possibly with the 'driver' knowing this. Assuming insurance is in place, I'm surprised that responsibility would be left to an entrant. Again, I haven't even registered for any events for eons so perhaps it is spelled out when doing so. I personally would not want to have to chase another event participant for that kind of $$. The club could be on the hook, as host of the event, no?[/quote']When you're racing you have no MPI coverage. WSCC has event insurance that covers third parties. If you run into the tractor on site the damage was to your car is your responsibility but the WSCC insurance will pay for the damage to the tractor (less a sizeable deductible). The insurance company and/or the WSCC may then come after you to recoup those costs if they believe your negligence was a significant contributor to the collision.

Archived