The season has come to an end...

… and I have to say a couple of things to the following people:

- to all the directors and committee members who evidently did not put in enough efforts to host more events on this year

- to all the competitors who were slower than me and clearly held me back

- to all competitors who were faster than me, with the obvious intent to make me look bad

- to all the competitors from "the other racing category" who took time away from each race day

- to all hot-lappers who clogged up the pits and took all the good parking spots

- to all time keepers and scorers that did nothing but play computer the whole day

- to all the stewards who really did nothing but enjoy the sun and socialize

- to all corner marshals who stood around and randomly played with some colourful flags

- to the lonely guard at the gate who probably slept the whole day

- to all the volunteers who most likely only took on a job for all the fame and fortune that comes with it

THANK YOU!!!

Thank You for understanding sarcasm ;), and thank you for having been here this year! I would not want it to be any other way!

This club struck my cord when I decided to race in Gimli; not just because of the facility, but even more so because to the people and the synergy. I love every moment at GMP because of you- thank you all for a great 2020! Let's hope that 2021 will see us having even more fun in a full-length season filled with great racing and even greater comradery.

Oh...and a great thank you to all family members who help, support and stand by each competitor, volunteer or club member putting time and sweat equity into our racing season - you are just as important to the success of each individual and the club as all the other people mentioned earlier!

I raise my glass to a successful 2021 season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, wow; I couldn't believe what I was reading!  After the first 2 or 3 points, I said ... "has Roland been hitting the Schnapps again?"  Then, I read a little further and realized that I'd been had and these were all back-handed compliments.  If your day job doesn't work out, you can always be a comedy writer.

Kudos for using your sharp wit and sense of humour to express gratitude to all the people behind the scenes and capturing the essence of what makes this Club so great. Couldn't have said it better or funnier myself.