2022 Ice Racing Season - Thanks!

Mike

That's a wrap for the 2022 Ice Racing Season! With the unfortunate loss of the first weekend to Covid and the 4th weekend to Mother Nature it was still a fantastic season and I believe a great event to close off the season in Gimli this past weekend. Thanks to all the IceX Drifters and Fire on Ice Racers that made it out to our events and helped make this season a success. 

I am especially happy to report that the newly created sport of WSCC IceX brought out a total of 26 different ice drifting cars to the 3 weekend events we hosted this winter! I believe every one including the spectators were impressed with both the excitement this created and the impressive display of driving skill that they demonstrated as part of our events. 

Special thanks goes out to the fabulous volunteers that continue to amaze me with the commitment to making these events happen. Always remember - without them none of us would be out on the ice sliding around in our tin cans!

Big shout out to the following people: Jen Bell, Al Marcoux, Stu Jackson, Glen Gordon, Scott McDonald, Dason Wowk, Llew Taylor, Gloria Gordienko, Tim Gordienko, Dave Evans, Brian Wiebe, Shaun Wolk, Ron Dallmeier, Aaron Stumpf, Wayne Schellekens, Nicole Schellekens, Mia Shellekens, Steve Leiding, Jay Funke, Jim Antosko, and probably even a couple more that I am unfortunately missing!

Thanks to our WCMA Race StewardsBob Willmott, Andrew Cobb, Shane Stewart and Henri Marcoux.  

Special thanks to Matt Leveille who came through as our race day plow guy once again for this season.

As well, we can't forget to thank the generosity of our 2022 Ice Racing Sponsors:

• Nomad Digital
  • Blatz Landscaping
  • Interlake Yardcare
  • Lakeview Hotel & Resort
  • UltraTech Fire & Safety
  • Connelly Signs

Looking forward to seeing everyone again out on the ice in early 2023 as we anticipate more events then and more cars! 

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1