How do I get started with ice racing?

Looking on getting into the door-to-door studded tire class this winter. I already have a car that we will convert into an ice racing car. Its a 2004 Toyota Corolla 5-Speed.

Wondering where I can find the technical documents that explain what safety gear is needed in this class, what type of tires can be run, what needs to be removed from the cars, what can stay, ect ect. (engine HP limitations?)

Also I believe I need a "Professional Racing License" for this class. So any info on that would be great. We are from the Steinbach area.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Great to hear your interested in joining the door to door studded racing action this winter! The car you have in mind will fit in well with the current racing group.

First off I would recommend reading the pinned post on this forum titled "WSCC Ice Racing - got questions?" In that post there is a link to the WSCC Supplemental Regulations which spells out our local rules, safety gear required, and general car preparation for our ice racing. You can find info regarding the requirements for an approved safety cage in the WCMA Technical Regulations (WCMA is our sanctioning body) and this can be found in Section 2 on page 58 of this document. A link to that document can be found here:

http://www.wcma.ca/new/racing/racing-forms/

Regarding the tires - we still have a limited number of our new spec studded tires available for sale. Please contact me (PM or email) for more info or details regarding these if your interested.

Regarding the license - yes for the studded door to door racing a competition race license is required. We plan on holding an ice racing licensing school as our first event weekend likely in early January. Keep an eye on our forums for more info and the dates regarding this as winter gets a bit closer.

Feel free to post any other questions you might have or email directly.

Cheers, and hopefully see you on the ice!

Mike

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...