The 2020 season has come to an end....

… and I have to say a couple of things to the following people:

- to all the directors and committee members who evidently did not put in enough efforts to host more events on this year

- to all the competitors who were slower than me and clearly held me back

- to all competitors who were faster than me, with the obvious intent to make me look bad

- to all the competitors from "the other racing category" who took time away from each race day

- to all hot-lappers who clogged up the pits and took all the good parking spots

- to all time keepers and scorers that did nothing but play computer the whole day

- to all the stewards who really did nothing but enjoy the sun and socialize

- to all corner marshals who stood around and randomly played with some colourful flags

- to the lonely guard at the gate who probably slept the whole day

- to all the volunteers who most likely only took on a job for all the fame and fortune that comes with it

THANK YOU!!!

Thank You for understanding sarcasm ;), and thank you for having been here this year! I would not want it to be any other way!

This club struck my cord when I decided to race in Gimli; not just because of the facility, but even more so because to the people and the synergy. I love every moment at GMP because of you- thank you all for a great 2020! Let's hope that 2021 will see us having even more fun in a full-length season filled with great racing and even greater comradery.

Oh...and a great thank you to all family members who help, support and stand by each competitor, volunteer or club member putting time and sweat equity into our racing season - you are just as important to the success of each individual and the club as all the other people mentioned earlier!

I raise my glass to a successful 2021 season!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1