Western Championship

Wednesday evening, and there are only nine racers signed up for Time Attack - what gives?

Where are all the competitors? The weather is forecasted to be great, the track is considerably smoother since the last track repairs, and we will have Hotlappers in between runs to allow us to cool down our cars.

It doesn't get better than this! Sign up and race this upcoming weekend!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, donrolandofurioso said:

Wednesday evening, and there are only nine racers signed up for Time Attack - what gives?

Where are all the competitors? The weather is forecasted to be great, the track is considerably smoother since the last track repairs, and we will have Hotlappers in between runs to allow us to cool down our cars.

It doesn't get better than this! Sign up and race this upcoming weekend!

Sounds like perfect conditions for an event. Wish I was able to make it. I’ll be up on Saturday to spectate. 

1 hour ago, FFAttack said:

Sounds like perfect conditions for an event. Wish I was able to make it. I’ll be up on Saturday to spectate. 

Be sure to stop by and say Hi to Roland #328 Mazda RX8 and myself, Brian #65 Focus RS. We'll be more than happy to show you around and introduce you to the gang. I believe you've been to the track once already?

Now that you're on the prairie flatlands, you shouldn't have to worry about overheating transmissions while towing your race vehicle.  Hope you got that problem resolved.

9 hours ago, Weebly said:

Be sure to stop by and say Hi to Roland #328 Mazda RX8 and myself, Brian #65 Focus RS. We'll be more than happy to show you around and introduce you to the gang. I believe you've been to the track once already?

Now that you're on the prairie flatlands, you shouldn't have to worry about overheating transmissions while towing your race vehicle.  Hope you got that problem resolved.

Will do, planing to head up Saturday with the family for a bit. I’ll be sure to stop by and introduce myself. 

Yes I was up at the track the first track day of the year for an couple hours after work. Met Rocky and his girlfriend. 

It was kind of funny after driving over the toughest mountain pass in Canada with no issues to then have the transmission fail pulling out of Brandon. Hope once I get it replaced I’ll have a few trouble free year's out of it here. 

Many thanks to all that worked so hard to make this event great!

Special thanks to Gerd Uebele, who gave me great advice, Saturday afternoon, on improving my line, on tire pressures, and on car balance. I said to him that it would be worth a couple of tenths for TA on Sunday . . . he said ‘more’!

Well, he was right, it was more like 7 tenths plus consistency. On the second session on Sunday, all 5 of my laps were below my previous personal best!

I had 2 unique experiences this weekend with some RCMP officers. 1) I was able to tell one officer where to go (how to drive the line); 2) I had occasion to take 2 officers as passengers, 180+km/h many times, no dangerous driving or speeding tickets, lots of fun!

• Like 3

A big thank-you to the organizers for putting on the Western Canada Time Attack Championship event this past weekend. And a special thanks to the volunteers for letting us have fun and keeping us safe.

The competition was close, with some positions being decided by tenths of a second. The GT class was well represented and proved that our PAX system is fair and working quite well across all classes. The GT and T classes use a linear PAX system, so no one can complain that one class is favoured over another.

It was also interesting to note the “Time to Beat” for each class. It just goes to show how hard our first-place finisher was driving on the weekend and posting a significant spread between his closest competitors.

So, congratulations to our undisputed champion - well done, Roland!