2022 Open Lapping Reserved Numbers List

Participants in Track Day events will require their vehicle to be numbered. If you wish to have your number reserved, then please select a number from those still available on the attached form.

If you already have a reserved number but will no longer be racing, please advise so we can free up that number for someone else.

Please send your requests to secretary@wscc.mb.ca and you will receive a notice of confirmation.

2022 Open Lapping Number List.pdf

Edited by Weebly
Update with latest changes as of 2022_09_07

The status of "Pending" means that the holder of the reserved number has not yet confirmed that they will be using this number again in the 2022 season. These numbers may become available as we receive confirmation.

In the meantime, if someone has not participated at any event at GMP for the last three years, then those numbers will likely become available. We just want to give everyone a fair chance to retain their number for this year, especially for those that have magnetic numbers, decals, or painted numbers on their car.  Please let us know.  Thanks,

@Weebly

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

#66 if Jim doesn’t renew #99 if he does. 

Jim sold his car but is still entitled to keep #66 if he wants to run a different car for DirtX or AutoSlalom. I’ll check and let you know.

2 hours ago, Weebly said:

Yikes! I heard that you just sold your car. Doesn’t matter, you can still have #1.

Thanks, for now I don't have a car but I will be getting a car worthy of number one soon.

Wow!  We already have 35 entrants for our first Track Day (Open Lapping) event of the season this Friday. And, it's going to be warm and sunny to boot!

I'm looking at the car numbers that have been selected and there's a lot of duplication and/or use of someone else's reserved number.  When we make radio calls from the marshal stations, we need to be clear which car is being identified.

Could you please check the reserved numbers list in this thread and confirm that you're not in conflict. In addition to the numbers in the list, we just reserved #1, #27, and #66 very recently.

If you're in conflict with someone else, simply add a "1" before or after your car number and update (edit) your new number in MSR.

Here are some of the duplicate numbers and numbers that are in conflict with previously reserved numbers:

1, 4, 5, 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 25, 66, 69, 77

Please direct your questions to secretary@wscc.mb.ca instead of this topic, so that we don't have a lot of unnecessary back-and-forth discussion.  In the meantime, I will continue to update the reserved numbers list as I receive requests.  Thanks everyone, and hope to see you all the track on Friday.

Hey Brian, I guess I should have piped up sooner, I'm officially putting my dibs on keeping #488 as usual. I don't think anyone else is crazy enough to want that number. Extra points if you can figure out why I chose this one.  :)

Dason

If #11 is still available, I'd like to stick with that again since it's what I used for the past few years.

If not ...not worries.  

Guess why?  (It's quick and easy to make an "11" with tape. lol!)

....oh.  and Rare Snake needs to add a few more "inches" :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rustfree said:

If #11 is still available, I'd like to stick with that again since it's what I used for the past few years.

If not ...not worries.  

Guess why?  (It's quick and easy to make an "11" with tape. lol!)

....oh.  and Rare Snake needs to add a few more "inches" :lol:

Sorry @Rustfree it looks like #11 has been reserved previously, but is still pending. Waiting to hear back from him.

Looks like you snake-people are all about inches. Choose 488, 506, or 512, right?

• Like 1

Brian, in my opinion number 1 should not be given out to anybody at all.

In almost all motorsport categories, #1 is reserved for the champion. I do recognize that often the current champion does not want to change their starting number, but it should be available as a courtesy to them.

If you let someone take #1 for hotlapping , they eventually ask for it during T/A or R/R, and that IMHO is completely wrong. Please reserve #1 for the champion of any division.

Thank You

On 6/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, Mat said:

Agreed. This should not have been available for selection.

@rusoman My apologies. #1 is reserved for Road Race (or other discipline) champions that run Test & Tune/Lapping events on Friday.

Could you kindly select another number?  I've updated the reserved numbers list accordingly (see pinned topic at top of this thread for listing).

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 6:22 PM, Weebly said:

@rusoman My apologies. #1 is reserved for Road Race (or other discipline) champions that run Test & Tune/Lapping events on Friday.

Could you kindly select another number?  I've updated the reserved numbers list accordingly (see pinned topic at top of this thread for listing).

Understood, no more 1 from now on.

Just a reminder for those signing up for our next Open Lapping/Track Day to check the reserved number listing pinned at the top of this topic.  We're trying to avoid having more than one car on the track with the same number.

Please check the Open Lapping Number List before selecting a number.  If you want to reserve an open number, then please send a request to secretary@wscc.mb.ca

Thanks, and hope to see you all on June 24th.

If anyone else wants to reserve a number, please check the open numbers still available in the listing pinned at the top of this topic.

Remember please send your request to "secretary@wscc.mb.ca" or send a PM to @Weebly

However, if you have something funny or snarky to share with others, then by all means post to this topic.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, Weebly said:

If anyone else wants to reserve a number, please check the open numbers still available in the listing pinned at the top of this topic.

Remember please send your request to "secretary@wscc.mb.ca" or send a PM to @Weebly

All persons registered for Track Day #2 have selected a number previously reserved by others.  Therefore, could the following persons please edit their car # and select a number that is open on the list pinned to the top of this topic.  Thanks

• Jordan F. #20
  • Rob M. #16
  • Jason S. #25
  • Scott S. #12

Edited by Weebly
Change Track Day #1 to Track Day #2