Volunteers needed for the HPDE/ Competition Licensing School

donrolandofurioso

Hello all !

As everybody knows, the HPDE/ Competition Racing School at the beginning of the season is a large event. We try to make this a banner weekend that hopefully sets the tone for the entire year, and that entices more motorsport fans to join our club.

And as most of you are also aware, this event requires a lot of helpers ( we call them volunteers, due to the generous pay they receive :D ).

Wayne has just opened up an event on MSReg.com for volunteers to sign up for this first weekend of action at GMP. Please feel free to sign yourself up as volunteer. You will be asked whether you sign up as instructor (proper credentials required), or as worker. 

What do you get out of working for free? We'll feed and water you, you might get a t-shirt out of it, and you can participate in Friday's Hotlapping for free.

But the best thing you get out of it is seeing those glowing smiles and happy faces of the participants, who have a great time getting pushed slowly but steadily towards their personal limits!

I am aware that in this forum I am talking to people who routinely volunteer at numerous of our events, and there is no need for me to point out that volunteering for this event comes with the typical sore feet from standing or walking many hours, the possible sun (more likely wind)burn, and all the other detriments associated with helping during such a large event. Being the first event of the year rife with people new to driving on the track, we are hoping to dip once again into your generous time commitment to the club. Thank You!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'm no longer available to help out the race school weekend as I planned. Life changed. Career change and I will be starting the week of the event working through the weekend. Hopefully I can make it to race 1. 

• 1 month later...

Ahhh makes sense given what I’m seeing out my window, but unfortunately I won’t be able to volunteer that weekend as I have a friend coming in to stay with me from BC and she doesn’t even drive so I don’t think she’ll want to spend 2 days at the track bah :( 

I fully understand, Heather. Although I will never understand people who have no desire to drive - but I guess you either have it in your blood, or you don't!

If you don't mind, please remove yourself from the volunteer roster on MSReg, so that we know who will be available.

I really appreciate you offering your help; I am confident we will see helping out at some other time!