Autox Update - Why May was cancelled?

Some of you may be wondering why the WSCC Autoslalom program suspended operations in May and the Leadership Team wants to clarify their position.  

There are two key elements to Autoslalom that are not part of other motorsports activities where clarification was required. The course walk is integral as our courses change every event and this is how our participants learn the course before they drive it. Also, when not driving, our participants marshal (i.e., pickup downed cones) to keep the track safe, consistent, and running.

Unfortunately, current health orders at the time mandated that motorsports participants stay in, or in the immediate proximity, of their vehicle. Course walks and marshalling duties both violate this health order as our rules dictate that course walks cannot be done on wheels, not even a bicycle or wheelchair without medical reasons. Further, our site is too narrow to have marshals park their cars at the side of the track and remain safe.

For these reasons, the WSCC Autoslalom Leadership team elected to postpone racing activities at St Andrews Airport until it can be done safely within our rule set and the current health orders.

We recently received an update from the Provincial Health Officer responsible for the area with the clarification we were seeking and were cleared to start racing. Unfortunately, the orders announced today will preclude us from racing in May. The Autoslalom Leadership Team will continue to monitor the situation and will advise if things change in our favor for the June dates.

See you at the track!

P.S. I will not lock this thread unless the comments dictate that I need to.  I cannot get to the forums often, so responses may be delayed. 

• Thanks 2