Who else is rocking a mask tan at work today?

To all of the Volunteers from this past weekend, I want to say a huge thank you, and if I were allowed within 2 meters I would offer each and every one of you a very well deserved pat on the back. I think that was by far our best Volunteer turnout, I could barely keep track of all the names in my trusty book! To those of you who have been out there before, that experience is really starting to show.  Other than a few radio mishaps, you all did an excellent job of keeping everything flowing smoothly, and I am super proud of the job you all did. 

The instructors did a really great job this year too, adapting to all the crazy changes could not have been easy. In my opinion, something in the way it all worked out created a completely different caliber of drivers out there, so we didn't have any really crazy stuff to deal with on track, and that was awesome to see. But for the very few issues we had, they were all taken care of very well.

I always look around at the start of the events, and I see everyone is eager to get out there and do our part. When I looked around again at the end, I saw some wear and tear and some sunburns, but I still saw sharp eyes and wits and I know that you might even come back next time and do it all over again, no matter how crazy it gets. 

We absolutely could not be out there if it wasn't for the time you all put in out there, and for everything you do, I cannot say it enough, thank you!!

I look forward to working with you again, and congrats on a great weekend well done. My eyes are red, my voice is shot, I'm a little burnt and my legs are tired, and I imagine many of you probably feel exactly the same. This is the price we pay, but I hope some of you were smart enough to take today off from work... I forgot to book it off.

See you at the next one, much respect!

Dason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A huge thankyou to all the volunteers and instructors that spent their weekend making sure none of us students screwed up too badly. It was a very professional, smoothly run event. There was never a time when I didn't know where I was supposed to be and what I was supposed to be doing and that speaks to the huge amount of organizing that must have gone on behind the scenes. I and every other student I spoke to had a blast the whole weekend and that was only because of the time and effort put in by the organizers, volunteers and instructors. Thank you!

• Like 1