Jump to content

2021 Season


Recommended Posts

I saw that the schedule was posted on FB (but not this forum or the WSCC website). Right now restrictions mean 25 people max at outdoor gathering, so how does that work for having an autocross meet? As I interpret the current restrictions (updated yesterday) an autocross meet would be banned or at least not really possible due to the extremely low number of racers that could be permitted.

And I have a bad feeling the increasing lockdowns in other provinces are coming here.

Just a couple of weeks to flatten the curve!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be surprised if we cannot run our races. The club may not want to do so, however Unrestricted Empire had a huge meeting last weekend with a 100+ people unmasked walking around. That was something extremely risky and should never have happened, however they said that they had police and inspectors on scene and did not violate any regulations. They quoted an order that was just published (on April 8th), which basically allows "car meets" in the province. So if something as dangerous as a meeting with hundreds of vehicles that absolutely anybody can simply walk in and join is allowed, I'd be surprised if we can't run our races regularly which can be done in a completely safe manner.

 

Quote

"2(4) This Order does not apply to an organized outdoor gathering or event which persons attend in a motor vehicle if all persons remain in their motor vehicle or stay immediately outside their vehicle in a manner that ensures that they are able to maintain a separation of at least two metres from other persons attending the gathering or event who arrived in another vehicle."

https://www.gov.mb.ca/asset_library/en/proactive/20212022/orders-soe-04082021.pdf

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is also the section on Sporting Events, which I believe is where Autox falls under which says "Organized practices, games and competitions at outdoor sporting facilities may take place, but the operator of a facility must ensure that no multi-team tournaments are permitted at the facility." We are all solo entries so I assume it would be fine. We'll have to wait and see but as Roberto said, I doubt we'd be cancelled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've reviewed the Public Health Order in detail and have advised the Executive that it is my opinion as President of the Club that we are permitted to hold our events, provided we observe the Public Health Protocols that apply to outdoor events (i.e. remain in cars unless 6 feet of social distancing can be maintained and we encourage everyone to wear face masks even when outside, and changes to washroom facilities are made so that a minimum of 6 feet social distancing space can be maintained at all times - or in other words - only one at a time).

We will be discussing this at the meeting on Thursday, but if these protocols are followed, the 25 person limit on outdoor public gatherings does not apply to our events. This will require that all participants observe these protocols upon pain of expulsion from the event. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, funkejay said:

I've reviewed the Public Health Order in detail and have advised the Executive that it is my opinion as President of the Club that we are permitted to hold our events, provided we observe the Public Health Protocols that apply to outdoor events (i.e. remain in cars unless 6 feet of social distancing can be maintained and we encourage everyone to wear face masks even when outside, and changes to washroom facilities are made so that a minimum of 6 feet social distancing space can be maintained at all times - or in other words - only one at a time).

We will be discussing this at the meeting on Thursday, but if these protocols are followed, the 25 person limit on outdoor public gatherings does not apply to our events. This will require that all participants observe these protocols upon pain of expulsion from the event. 

Thanks for the update. If we want our events to happen without any problems through the year and make sure the environment is safe for everyone we have to police one another to enforce that nobody is breaking the rules. 

Edited by R_Ercole
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The inspectors have come into Speedworld every week for 6 weeks now and they have not done a head count even once, all they seem to care about it people keeping distance from one another and wearing of the masks. So far they have been quite happy with us

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your input and comments. 

I can advise that the Executive has assembled the 2021 WSCC COVID-19 Policy and Practices Directive that will govern all events held by the WSCC for 2021. This will be presented at the Club meeting tomorrow night for review and passing. It will be posted here on the Forums later today so that people have an opportunity to review the Directive in advance of the meeting and come prepared with any concerns or comments they may have.

Unfortunately, with the recent change in the Province's Public Health Order, it didn't give us as much time to finalize the Directive or provide people a chance to review the document in advance of the regular club meeting as we would have otherwise hoped. 

Please bear in mind that this Policy and Practice Directive is NOT intended to replace Discipline specific supplementary regulations. That means that this is a minimum requirement that all Disciplines must meet, however where additional requirements or limitations are necessary for specific venues or events, those will be implemented under the Discipline's supplementary regulations. As a result, this Policy and Practice Directive is not intended to address every eventuality, but to provide guidance to each Discipline when drafting their supp regs. 

I look forward to having an informative and engaging discussion tomorrow night. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, David Klassen said:

I've added the Autocross events to the WSCC Calendar

Any chance you can swap out the yellow?  It's very difficult to read the text inside that color!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 12:06 PM, The Contrarian said:

I saw that the schedule was posted on FB (but not this forum or the WSCC website). Right now restrictions mean 25 people max at outdoor gathering, so how does that work for having an autocross meet? As I interpret the current restrictions (updated yesterday) an autocross meet would be banned or at least not really possible due to the extremely low number of racers that could be permitted.

And I have a bad feeling the increasing lockdowns in other provinces are coming here.

Just a couple of weeks to flatten the curve!

My bad feeling was confirmed. 

Next prediction: This current lockdown is going to be extended. I think nearly everyone can see that. I can see it actually getting worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, dark_daku89 said:

With the new updates in restrictions, how does the season look now?

We are currently reviewing the new PHOs and hope to have some news sooner rather than later. Stay tuned to the forums for official updates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, Corey Allegory Montessori said:

This is me, staying tuned.

On a side note, it is now law that all gasoline have ethanol added to it in Manitoba. So if any one else made it a habit to run shell gold because it was free of ethanol, it no longer is.

Guess I will quote this since I can't use two reaction buttons. 

Post is coming, get your car tuned up. 

Dang...that is why I used Shell...guess it is just for the Air Miles now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, Corey Allegory Montessori said:

This is me, staying tuned.

On a side note, it is now law that all gasoline have ethanol added to it in Manitoba. So if any one else made it a habit to run shell gold because it was free of ethanol, it no longer is.

When does this take effect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, dark_daku89 said:

When does this take effect?

It already has. If you go to any Shell, they have removed those stickers on the pumps saying that V-Power/91 does not contain any ethanol. All three grades now have "up to 10%" ethanol. Been like that for several months now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most Co Ops don’t have ethanol in their premium. At least the 3 I personally tested didn’t. 
Shell, Esso and Costco have 10% in their premium. 

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 6:06 PM, Olaf said:

Most Co Ops don’t have ethanol in their premium. At least the 3 I personally tested didn’t. 
Shell, Esso and Costco have 10% in their premium. 

If your willing to share the info of locations please do so,  or via pm. I avoid ethanol In my small equipment and bikes so this is disheartening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tested the one on Henderson north of peguis, the regent one across from the casino and the North mcphillips one. All of these don’t have ethanol in their premium confirmed. Prob others also but these are the ones I drive by 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

It already has. If you go to any Shell, they have removed those stickers on the pumps saying that V-Power/91 does not contain any ethanol. All three grades now have "up to 10%" ethanol. Been like that for several months now.


The Manitoban government slipped in the increase in Ethanol last year, during the pandemic, without mentioning that it would make Ethanol-free fuel unobtainable. 
It's a big deal for lawn mowers, older cars, snow throwers, skidoos, boat motors and older motorcycles, too. 
It's time for some organized push-back, I think. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...