2021 Time Attack Supplementary regs

• Ianfromduff pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ianfromduff said:

Time attack 2021 supp regs.docx 19.87 kB · 64 downloads

Changes are outlined in red. You guys all know the drill.

Thanks again! 

Ian & Brooke

Hey Everyone, 

I've been working with Ian and Brooke to reformat the look of our Time Attack Supplementary Regulations.  The latest Version 2.0 is mostly about formatting but also includes some changes from Version 1.3 that was posted on 12 Mar 2021.  These additional changes include:

• COVID-19 compliance with health orders
  • Event liability waiver now required to be completed online, via MSR SpeedWaiver, prior to the event. No paper copies.
  • Mandatory requirement to have car classed and PDF copy submitted (see separate post on car classification requirements)
  • Clarification to Restraint Systems/Seat Belts & Seats
  • Clarification to Rollover Protection - Roll Bars and Cages.  This affects primarily the definitions.
  • Clarification to Flags regarding inconsistency in the definition of the red flag between different disciplines.

Any questions?  You're welcome to direct your inquires to "secretary@wscc.mb.ca" and I'll answer what I can, and direct technical questions to Ian and Brooke.

2021 Time Attack Supplementary Regulations.pdf

• Thanks 1

My question regarding 4.1.3:

What is a production car? I understand that the Honda Civic, the Subaru WRX and the BMW 325i are all production cars. But what about an Ariel Atom or a KTM X-Bow? Not that I will be coming around with one of those anytime soon, but are they production cars? They are built in a factory in small numbers and come with optional fenders, so they are not open-wheel cars...

And that leads us to Kit Cars, such as a Factory Five, or Goblin or others...home-built sort of implies that it is not a production car, but where do we draw the line? Is Chris' car forbidden in Time Attack, because it was never built like that from any factory on, with its turbo added in a kit car?

Inquiring minds want to know...

5 hours ago, donrolandofurioso said:

My question regarding 4.1.3:

What is a production car? I understand that the Honda Civic, the Subaru WRX and the BMW 325i are all production cars. But what about an Ariel Atom or a KTM X-Bow? Not that I will be coming around with one of those anytime soon, but are they production cars? They are built in a factory in small numbers and come with optional fenders, so they are not open-wheel cars...

And that leads us to Kit Cars, such as a Factory Five, or Goblin or others...home-built sort of implies that it is not a production car, but where do we draw the line? Is Chris' car forbidden in Time Attack, because it was never built like that from any factory on, with its turbo added in a kit car?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Good question.

The wcma time attack regulations list non production cars as "Non-production vehicles, which include: formula, sports racing, open-wheel, tube frame, nonproduction drive configuration, more than one engine".

While production vehicles are list as " Production vehicle is defined as a single, specific, make, model and year, entered in any class
(excluding Open Modified) and must meet all of the following "production vehicle" requirements:
4.2.1. Have been series produced;
4.2.2. Have been federalized for legal public road use in Canada;
4.2.3. Have been available for purchase and delivery to the general public through the vehicle
manufacturer’s retail sales outlet in Canada, unless specifically waived by these Regulations;
4.2.4. Conform to all the original equipment specifications, as defined in Section 4.4, except for the
mandatory requirements of these Regulations and the authorized modifications for the appropriate
vehicle category;
4.2.5. Has been exempted by .1 or .2 above; and
4.2.6. Compliance with the second and third points above may be waived by either a CASC-OR Bulletin or
by inclusion of the model in the “OTA Vehicle Classification List”. "

The last point directs you to this rule "The following vehicles, sometimes called kit cars, may compete with the same safety equipment as a ‘Starting Class’ vehicle provided they are equipped with proper roll over protection (see Sections 1.3 and 1.4), are road registered and compete on DOT approved tires: Aurora (Cobra style), Dutton, Caterham and Lotus 7 style home finished cars. Kit cars will be classified as Modified 1 unless the Region Car Classification Committee issues a special classification for that vehicle, based on a Dyno Chart (see 5.0.8 Dyno Option), proof of curb weight and other information as deemed necessary"

So essentially, formula cars are forbidden from competing but the main kit cars are aloud following as long as they follow the criteria.

If its not listed on the CCBD base car list there is a good chance its a non production vehicle.

• Thanks 2