Racing to Resume?

Jim Eh.

Further to Jim's point: Go and visit the following website:  engagemb.ca

It is Manitoba's government website to inform people. You will find as third box "Restart MB Pandemic Response System" (exactly, right after Budget 2021, and Recycling). There you can voice your opinion as to how the province should continue with its re-opening plan.

You will have to sign up if you have not already, but they don't ask for any personal information beyond your email address. The vast majority of questions is about how you feel about opening certain areas of our lives, including sports. You even get to rank what is more important to you, for example opening libraries before tattoo shops, restaurants before massage therapists and so on. 

Most importantly, at the end there is a box where you can express in your own words what you would like to see happening. I took that opportunity to point out that motorsports is not the typical activity that comes into mind when talking about outdoor sports, as we come either alone or with family members (meaning people we have always around us, anyways), and then while actually doing our racing, we are completely alone, many feet away from the next competitor. I wrote it in a generic way, as kart racers, motorcycle racers and car racers are in the same boat here.

I do not know how much influence this has on the MB government, but it can't hurt. The more people bring this up to the government, the more likely we make an impact.

We may not get heard anyways, but I firmly believe that we don't get to complain if we did not made ourselves heard!

Edited by donrolandofurioso