WSCC OpenTrackDay 7-Last one of 2020!

I was looking forward to the WSCC OpenTrackDay 7-Last one of 2020!

but the weather is looking a little grim, low temperatures might keep me away. Bridgestone doesn’t recommend running them below 10 degrees C, cracking may occur below 5 degrees C. Never mind the possibilities of snow :-(

Nope, no snow / ice tires for the Z!

peace, David

Latest weather report for Saturday is sunny! ... with a balmy plus 3°C.

I've got the same issue with my Hankook tires that shouldn't be driven or stored in sub-zero temperatures.  However, even if you have an unheated garage, chances are your tires will still be above the freezing point due to the warming effect of the ground compared to the outside air temperature.  The drive out to Gimli should keep the tires warm until it's time to start lapping.

Like you, I don't want to miss the last event of the season.  Even if it means running on snow tires in Drift Mode.  Besides, what could be more fun than that?

HUGE thank-you to all those who made this event happen!  I’m sure it takes a lot of effort to organize a late season event on short notice, while dealing with COVID-19 and Mother Nature all at the same. My toque is off to Mat, Scott, Chris, Al and all the others who sacrificed their time so that we could just drive around having fun.

We could never hold an event without our volunteers, so a special thanks to those who braved the October windchill and kept us safe. Thanks, Dason, Al, Llew, Jay, Dave, and all the others who gave up their Saturday. Sorry that I missed a few of the other corner workers, but it is hard focusing on the apex cone, while at the same time making a mental note of who is working the corner.

Wish I could do more than just say thank-you, but giving hugs is apparently frowned upon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4