Autoslalom 2020 Results!

2 hours ago, beppca said:

Thanks. Great website! The results are so easy to review by Overall, Class, and PAX.

I wonder if this software is just for AutoX or can other discipline use this system?

I can't claim any credit for the Autoslalom Results website. I don't know who created it, nor what software it's running on, nor who controls it, nor if it's adaptable for other disciplines. Hopefully the person who's running it contributes to this conversation with some answers.

peace, David

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For starters, I would like to see the full results for Event 11. LIVE.AXTI.ME is missing results for mod and street, and no results for either Events 11 or 12 have been posted on wscc autoslalom season results page yet. Facebook page seems to make no reference to results either. Do we actually have all of the results for Event 11?

After that, I would agree with Dale. It would be nice to see how the serious competitors faired in the final tally!

Allan

On 10/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, AEB said:

For starters, I would like to see the full results for Event 11. LIVE.AXTI.ME is missing results for mod and street, and no results for either Events 11 or 12 have been posted on wscc autoslalom season results page yet. Facebook page seems to make no reference to results either. Do we actually have all of the results for Event 11?

After that, I would agree with Dale. It would be nice to see how the serious competitors faired in the final tally!

Allan

Hey Allan,

Events 11 and 12 have just been uploaded to the site (standings will take a bit more work but will be uploaded shortly as well). Please let me know if the results look correct. Looks like all 4 classes are present and all drivers have at least 4 runs recorded. Sorry for the delay, thanks for bringing this up!

On 10/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, DKemp said:

Thanks @babyfod!

congrats to this years champs Louis, Jason, Jordan and Rob!

Ugh can’t believe I only had 7 events this year.  Could have been my best finish ever :angry:

No kidding!  You were averaging 0.968 Pax through your 7 events.  All you needed was a 0.926 on your 8th event and you would've snagged second place.  Oh well, can't win it if you're not in it. (this time I'm just kidding).

Technically we ran 11 points events, this season (#3 had no timed runs). That would make the season qualification 11÷2 =6 rounded up. On even number event years we would add +1 to the 1/2 counted events. My understanding is we kept the annually championship 1 extra event over half of total events ran to prevent someone from taking multiple classes wins in the same year.

8 for the season of 11 appears excessively high bar for the casual racer to participate in a season championship. Maybe for next year we can review this?

I'd need to find the supplemental regulations, thought this was covered in there. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Magner said:

Technically we ran 11 points events, this season (#3 had no timed runs). That would make the season qualification 11÷2 =6 rounded up. On even number event years we would add +1 to the 1/2 counted events. My understanding is we kept the annually championship 1 extra event over half of total events ran to prevent someone from taking multiple classes wins in the same year.

8 for the season of 11 appears excessively high bar for the casual racer to participate in a season championship. Maybe for next year we can review this?

I'd need to find the supplemental regulations, thought this was covered in there. 

@MagnerI think you're right.  Here's an excerpt from the 2019 & 2020 Sup Regs, which read the same under para. 27:

27. AWARDS: Trophies will be awarded at the end of the year for Division winners as per the WCMA trophy guidelines. Points will be awarded for each competitor’s best 8 events of 2019 (using the half + 1 rule). Competitors may drive any car within their Division to compete for points. In the event of a tie, the 9th best event for each competitor will be used as the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Weebly said:

@MagnerI think you're right.  Here's an excerpt from the 2019 & 2020 Sup Regs, which read the same under para. 27:

27. AWARDS: Trophies will be awarded at the end of the year for Division winners as per the WCMA trophy guidelines. Points will be awarded for each competitor’s best 8 events of 2019 (using the half + 1 rule). Competitors may drive any car within their Division to compete for points. In the event of a tie, the 9th best event for each competitor will be used as the tiebreaker.

Sounds like I have some more work to do...

I know the 2020 season has been unprecedented with the on the fly schedule changes so we were not able to lock down the minimum at the beginning of the year, so maybe that's why its still showing 8 from 2019. (14 point events ÷ 2 +1 = 8)

Sorry for raising a stink guys. Thanks Matt for all the hard work this year on points and timing.

1 minute ago, Magner said:

I know the 2020 season has been unprecedented with the on the fly schedule changes so we were not able to lock down the minimum at the beginning of the year, so maybe that's why its still showing 8 from 2019. (14 point events ÷ 2 +1 = 8)

Sorry for raising a stink guys. Thanks Matt for all the hard work this year on points and timing.

No problem at all - I'd rather people be happy and have the season be as similar to last year as possible. You're right, it's unreasonable to have to attend 8/11 events on the year, plus the Supp Regs indicate half + 1 rule. I think this benefits pretty well everyone anyways.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magner said:

You are correct @Magner, no need to review (or apologize), unless we want to as it is a rule that makes sense for the reasons you mentioned. 

Let us know when you get the update done @babyfod

@babyfodThanks for making the effort to revise the standings based on six events instead of eight.  Congratulations to the new winners!   I'm sure you'll get some complaints, but it seemed like the right thing to do.  Looks like Modified was the only class unaffected.

I think I understand the Class points system but have never been able to figure out the PAX points system.  Looks like you get 100 points for finishing 1st in PAX and something like 94 points finishing 2nd?  But after that, I'm lost as to how the points are assigned.  Some of the better drivers were only getting 10 points or less on certain events. Also, not sure why some names appear two or three times on the list.

22 hours ago, Weebly said:

@babyfodThanks for making the effort to revise the standings based on six events instead of eight.  Congratulations to the new winners!   I'm sure you'll get some complaints, but it seemed like the right thing to do.  Looks like Modified was the only class unaffected.

I think I understand the Class points system but have never been able to figure out the PAX points system.  Looks like you get 100 points for finishing 1st in PAX and something like 94 points finishing 2nd?  But after that, I'm lost as to how the points are assigned.  Some of the better drivers were only getting 10 points or less on certain events. Also, not sure why some names appear two or three times on the list.

Your PAX points will be based on how far back you are from the first place time. So if you are really close in 2nd, then you can receive 99 points. But if you are far off and still finish 2nd, then you can get 90 points.