2020 Event 1

Can we get a confirmation from the Autoslalom team the events this weekend are officially a go? Would hate to see mass refund if we all jumped the gun and registered before it was confirmed. 

If anyone has car classing questions feel free to contact me directly or post in the car classing threads. 

Edited by Magner
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spencer Green said:

Can you join this without a license?

You must have a valid drivers license. (Can't be expired either). 

Edit: If you have a learners level1 and are under 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian with you in the car at all times as well. And follow all learner license rules. 

Edited by Magner

1 hour ago, Spencer Green said:

Can you join this without a license? I also don't think it is legal to not accept cash. Anywhere they claim to not be taking it, takes it without hesitation.

I'm wrong. If you have an outstanding debt. Cash can NOT be refused. If you are buying goods or a service (Straight trade) Cash can be refused.

Edited by Spencer Green

8 hours ago, Magner said:

Can we get a confirmation from the Autoslalom team the events this weekend are officially a go? Would hate to see mass refund if we all jumped the gun and registered before it was confirmed. 

If anyone has car classing questions feel free to contact me directly or post in the car classing threads. 

Thanks for sitting tight.

Confirmed....insurance was the last holdout and that just got submitted! 

May 30 and 31 are good to go and should only be cancelled under exceptional unforeseen circumstances. 

There will be changes...we may have gotten some things wrong and some things right...bear with us and be patient please. Make sure you read both sets of supp regs! Not everything is ready but we will get documents posted as soon as we have them (ie. waiver to print at home and bring a signed copy with you). Plan some time Friday night to do your homework as a participant. 

Let's go racing! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justkickin said:

May 30 and 31 are good to go and should only be cancelled under exceptional unforeseen circumstances. 

There will be changes...we may have gotten some things wrong and some things right...bear with us and be patient please. Make sure you read both sets of supp regs! Not everything is ready but we will get documents posted as soon as we have them (ie. waiver to print at home and bring a signed copy with you). Plan some time Friday night to do your homework as a participant. 

Let's go racing! 

Awesome news!!! Thank you Tim and all others that made this possible!

• Like 2

I just saw this....  just renewed my WSCC membership today and wanted to register for May 31 but it won't allow me to checkout as a member (i assume pending). I could possibly register as a non-member and pay $10.00 more....  can I get a credit or is there an alternative option?

@evolv

If you look at the first page of the event there's a bolded paragraph that addresses this, it takes up to 48h. If you want expedite the process follow the email provided. 

As a general note to everyone make sure you read ALL the supplemental regulations and covid rules before you attend. This is NOT a normal event. No food on site anymore and no spectators to name a few. Let's keep this safe and responsible so we can continue to have events all summer. 

Edited by Magner

6 hours ago, Magner said:

@evolv

If you look at the first page of the event there's a bolded paragraph that addresses this, it takes up to 48h. If you want expedite the process follow the email provided. 

As a general note to everyone make sure you read ALL the supplemental regulations and covid rules before you attend. This is NOT a normal event. No food on site anymore and no spectators to name a few. Let's keep this safe and responsible so we can continue to have events all summer. 

wow... thanks

7 hours ago, evolv said:

I just saw this....  just renewed my WSCC membership today and wanted to register for May 31 but it won't allow me to checkout as a member (i assume pending). I could possibly register as a non-member and pay $10.00 more....  can I get a credit or is there an alternative option?

If you end up paying more just let us know. We can setup a credit for a future event or refund. Credits are easier for the team. People are still busy trying to get things launched so there may be delays in responses and execution this close to the event. We may not get to it right away, but we will, no worries. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, justkickin said:

Let's go racing! 

Can someone throw up a link to the supp regs ?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, coach said:
7 minutes ago, coach said:

Can someone throw up a link to the supp regs ?

Thanks

we will get documents posted as soon as we have them

patience grasshopper...they're coming...the last piece dropped into place this afternoon so hopefully soon. Yes, we're cutting it that close and it is all because of the awesome people and volunteers we have that this can turn around as quickly as it did. For those that don't know, this crew pulled together in a week what usually takes a month or more to complete under normal circumstances. Please don't shake their hand or high five them, but do respect all the volunteers and members we have in this club! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justkickin said:

this crew pulled together in a week what usually takes a month or more to complete under normal circumstances. Please don't shake their hand or high five them, but do respect all the volunteers and members we have in this club! 

Mad respect.  You guys rock. :clap2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coach said:

So sorry, when you said documents I did not realize you where talking about the supp regs.  I thought you meant the waiver and other misc paper work...…….my bad

No worries pal, it's all good. But we do have to get you out of that Toyota and back into a Nissan! :) 

3 hours ago, coach said:

So sorry, when you said documents I did not realize you where talking about the supp regs.  I thought you meant the waiver and other misc paper work...…….my bad

The links to both supplementary regulations and Covid 19 Addendum were up since yesterday, and I have updated the event posting just now to included mandatory waiver as well.

Event 1&2 links below
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2019-wscc-autoslalom-event-1-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-275553
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2020-wscc-autoslalom-event-2-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-030859

Let me know if you have issue viewing it.

11 hours ago, helix said:

The links to both supplementary regulations and Covid 19 Addendum were up since yesterday, and I have updated the event posting just now to included mandatory waiver as well.

Event 1&2 links below
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2019-wscc-autoslalom-event-1-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-275553
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2020-wscc-autoslalom-event-2-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-030859

Let me know if you have issue viewing it.

Thanks Helix. I did not notice them there. I cannot find the season Supp Regs just the COVID-19 update and waiver so I have attached them here in case others cannot find them. 

Also note that the COVID-19 item 7 will be updated to indicate that the gate will close at 1030 am and not as indicated in the document. 

WAS-SuplementalRegulations-V1.pdf