Link to gimli assetto corsa download

Ianfromduff

Hey all,

I finally figured out how to make this public instead of sending it out 1 by 1.

Track is made by me but I'm deffinately no designer or computer guy so if your able to make changes to make it better please do so and share it back.

Fyi I never put computer ai racers into it so you will only be able to race with yourself or other real people

This is the download link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYE5BIx8q4hGxvgWq0O66c-KwdNgViMV/view?usp=drivesdk

Love Ian

• Like 1

This is just incredible! I've been hoping for something like this since I first got to the track. Thank you SO SO much for posting it for everyone to enjoy! This will help with not being able to race until we know more. Again, Huge thank you! (Spencer Green)

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 5:08 AM, grail said:

Nice work. Apparently I'm faster around the track virtually in a BRZ than in my modded WRX in real life... haha.

The track is identical scale to the real track. I used google maps overlay to map it out. Only difference is the pavement might be a bit better than real life

Ian, can you do a screen capture with a test run of GMP on Assetto Corsa?

JS has done a screen capture with rFactor that I'm going to try and load so people can see the two different systems and compare the ability to run at GMP on both systems.

4 hours ago, funkejay said:

Ian, can you do a screen capture with a test run of GMP on Assetto Corsa?

JS has done a screen capture with rFactor that I'm going to try and load so people can see the two different systems and compare the ability to run at GMP on both systems.

Older video on some dumbed down in game setting, I'll try to post a new one soon.

• Like 1

@justkickin If you run slightly lower setting you can get the game running fairly well. Anything newer than a AMD a6/a8 or older i3 can run the game paired with anything better than a HD5770. And those are well over +14 years old. If anyone needs a hand with some computer talk, Shoot me a message. Would like to see the whole e-sports thing take off!

Thanks Aaron. Much appreciated!!

Someone else made a side by side comparison of the rFactor1 GMP track model next to the Assetto Corsa GMP track model, and I think the comparison is striking. In my opinion, one is like actually racing at GMP, and the other seems like an arcade version of racing at GMP.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e874a85b0e7b-rfactor-assetto-corsa-side-by-side-comparison.php

Before a decision is made on which platform people prefer, they should definitely watch this video if they haven't had a chance to actually drive both.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, funkejay said:

Thanks Aaron. Much appreciated!!

Someone else made a side by side comparison of the rFactor1 GMP track model next to the Assetto Corsa GMP track model, and I think the comparison is striking. In my opinion, one is like actually racing at GMP, and the other seems like an arcade version of racing at GMP.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e874a85b0e7b-rfactor-assetto-corsa-side-by-side-comparison.php

Before a decision is made on which platform people prefer, they should definitely watch this video if they haven't had a chance to actually drive both.  

Awe come on jay, I tried my best! :(

It wasn't meant as a criticism Ian!! There are definite advantages to both platforms.

As I understand it, using the rFactor platform may require operating our own server - which we don't have and likely won't be buying. Assetto Corsa, if it can be run simply by networking people's existing PC(s) or game consoles, will be a much better option, even if it doesn't offer the same degree of realism.

I didn't mean to put my thumb on the scale, I just want to make sure people get the chance to consider all their options before we make a decision a) whether to proceed and b) if we do, which platform we'd select.

Edited by funkejay

Just now, funkejay said:

It wasn't meant as a criticism Ian!! There are definite advantages to both platforms.

As I understand it, using the rFactor platform may require operating our own server - which we don't have and likely won't be buying. Assetto Corsa, if it can be run simply by networking people's existing PC(s) or game consoles, will be a much better option, even if it doesn't offer the same degree of realism.

I didn't mean to put my thumb on the scale, I just want to make sure people get the chance to consider all their options before we make a decision a) whether to proceed and b) if we do, which platform we'd select.

No worries I'm just bugging you.

From my understanding both asetto corsa and rfactor will require private servers. Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can chime in on this.

Kk - fair enough!!

There is also the issue of client hardware that is required. rFactor if I understand correctly only runs on PC, whereas Assetto Corsa also runs on game consoles, am I correct?

If so, that may also be a big factor in how many people may ultimately be able to participate. Not many people are likely going to run out and buy a PC just so they can go sim-racing at GMP...

20 hours ago, aaronstumpf said:

@justkickin If you run slightly lower setting you can get the game running fairly well. Anything newer than a AMD a6/a8 or older i3 can run the game paired with anything better than a HD5770. And those are well over +14 years old. If anyone needs a hand with some computer talk, Shoot me a message. Would like to see the whole e-sports thing take off!

I have everything from an i5 up. All are laptops though, one has discrete video. All my big screens are connected to consoles and not the PCs. Easy enough to fix I suppose, but I gave up on PC gaming a while ago. Having to upgrade and update things every 6 months just wasn't worth it to run at good resolutions and detail levels. Moving to consoles, they last 4 - 10 years with no upgrades in between. If Assetto Corsa supports cross platform gaming, count me in. If you need cloud servers to get it to run let me know. 

I currently run the console version of asetto and not sure if would go as far as set up for the PC version. The idea of running at Gimli is appealing but I like the fact that there are so many amazing other tracks to explore that I would otherwise never race in real life. Maybe pick a different track every two weeks (gives a chance for people to learn the track).

Also, would my console steering wheel be compatible with a PC?

If this league gets going, it could be a great way to deal with a postponed season and this dreaded isolation.

Thanks for trying to get this off the ground.

How close are we to driving into the ESport part of this? I can help with the tech side. I also would be interested in this and seeing where it goes. So long it doesn't take away from the read deal :P I'd also start preping my sim seat more if this is going to be considered

32 minutes ago, Matter said:

Would it be possible to convert the rFactor track to Assetto Corsa?

I’ve heard that the guy that did the track for rfactor is looking into doing that, but it may take a few weeks before something becomes available.

It will be done properly though.

Edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

11 minutes ago, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel said:

Is the server going to be up tonight? I’d be up to join a session. Which track do you have on the server?

Sorry, I won't be around tonight to start the server back up. As for tracks, I have all the stock ones. Let me know if you guys want a specific track.

I've since moved the AC off the Windows server to a Linux one.

11 minutes ago, grail said:

Sorry, I won't be around tonight to start the server back up. As for tracks, I have all the stock ones. Let me know if you guys want a specific track.

I've since moved the AC off the Windows server to a Linux one.

Would it be possible for you to leave the server running at anytime? So people could try to connect to it and test their connection?

It may also be interesting to have a rolling time attack where people can join anytime and post a lap time.

Can you have the server maintain time of day, weather and track conditions so the track is constant for anybody at anytime? Can you limit which cars can join the server?

I installed Assetto Corsa yesterday and I only have default cars and tracks. I drove the BMW M3 at Zaandvoort and it was actually fun.

8 minutes ago, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel said:

Would it be possible for you to leave the server running at anytime? So people could try to connect to it and test their connection?

It may also be interesting to have a rolling time attack where people can join anytime and post a lap time.

Can you have the server maintain time of day, weather and track conditions so the track is constant for anybody at anytime? Can you limit which cars can join the server?

I installed Assetto Corsa yesterday and I only have default cars and tracks. I drove the BMW M3 at Zaandvoort and it was actually fun.

Yep, I can get things setup tomorrow and leave it running. Currently, I have it restricted to just the BMW e30 M3.

The server is located in Montreal and I was getting 50 ms pings.

Edited by grail

3 minutes ago, grail said:

Yep, I can get things setup tomorrow and leave it running. Currently, I have it restricted to just the BMW e30 M3.

Excellent! Do you think you could create a post with instructions on how to connect to the server etc? Which track are you going to setup?

Is there a built in voice chat in AC? If not would it make sense to create a discord channel that anybody can join while on the server?

You will be able to find the server under online races. Just search for WSCC. I'll set the password to "wscc".

8 minutes ago, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel said:

Excellent! Do you think you could create a post with instructions on how to connect to the server etc? Which track are you going to setup?

Is there a built in voice chat in AC? If not would it make sense to create a discord channel that anybody can join while on the server?