2019 AX Event #10

helix

Huge shout-out to Ben for building such a Frankenstein of a Civic and setting his best ever finish in it. Years of development to get to this point, congrats! Also a big thank you for letting me co-drive it in anger today!

Ben's 55.309:

Since I literally don't have a clean run to share, I've compiled several spins and close calls in a blooper reel. Funnest worst runs ever!

Edited by Magner
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, R_Ercole said:

My runs weren't nearly as fun as everybody else's here, but I'll post two camera angles to change things a bit

Amazing track layout. Just wished we did some fun runs!

@helix any chance you could create an album with all the pictures you were taking? :D

Very tidy run Roberto! Hope I get your name right, unfortunately I only get to stay partial of the first run group in the morning with only a handful of photos taken. Good idea on a share album! Likely to compile those after the season end, will share link to the album over the forum.

3 hours ago, dark_daku89 said:

Finally got my camera working again, although the GPS is still off.

Really left some time on the track looking at it over again.

well, it looked pretty good to me, just curious if it will make much difference if you were to hold it in 1st a little longer at start and maybe even downshift to 1st at both ends the pivot.

A big thanks to everyone who shared their videos from this event.  I always look forward to reviewing and analyzing these videos to see where I can make some improvements or correct some bad habits.

Great perspective from the standpoint of what I was seeing on the course compared with what was happening inside the car.  Some of the cars that I saw on course that appeared to be navigating the course smoothly were actually being driven at the limit with some ridiculously fast steering inputs and corrections.  No wonder these drivers worked up a sweat by the end of the run.

Like I said, some of the videos were very instructive while others that showed how to take down an entire wall of cones, or how to mow the grass were certainly entertaining.  Looking forward to the next event.  Got to get myself a GoPro so I can put together some bloopers.  At least that will be one thing I can beat @Magner at.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, helix said:

Second event of the week (Sunday), please post and comment for today's event, looking forward to see your runs!

@helix Any chance we can get the Sunday event uploaded to Axti.me or at least provide a link? 

1 hour ago, Weebly said:

A big thanks to everyone who shared their videos from this event.  I always look forward to reviewing and analyzing these videos to see where I can make some improvements or correct some bad habits.

Great perspective from the standpoint of what I was seeing on the course compared with what was happening inside the car.  Some of the cars that I saw on course that appeared to be navigating the course smoothly were actually being driven at the limit with some ridiculously fast steering inputs and corrections.  No wonder these drivers worked up a sweat by the end of the run.

Like I said, some of the videos were very instructive while others that showed how to take down an entire wall of cones, or how to mow the grass were certainly entertaining.  Looking forward to the next event.  Got to get myself a GoPro so I can put together some bloopers.  At least that will be one thing I can beat @Magner at.

Agree. Keep the videos coming!