It Runs! Project Snake Charmer

I am super happy to see that this one is still in the works! You guys are doing awesome, and I cannot wait to see the finished products. 

Kudos to you for taking on such insanity, I could never. I don't have the talent, imagination or patience. 

Much Respect!!!

Dason

@white_cross: Yes, my Celica had an 18R-G. I loved the sound of the four carbuartors sucking air through a mostly open airbox! For that time, it was a quick vehicle....maybe not superfast, but driven with the right attitude, there were not very many vehicles that could follow. Unfortunately, a big German Oak tree acted as a guard rail during a rallye and left its imprint in the quarter panel. So when at the finish of the rallye a competitor offered me more money for the damaged car than I bought the Celica for about a year earlier, I took the money and came home with an empty trailer. Replaced the Celica with a Fiat 131 Abarth Walter Röhrl, which I loved as well. But I am still missing the Celica.

I am mesmerized by the amount of work that you guys put into this build - no quick gratification there! But it will be awesome to see this car in action, and I am looking forward to watching it during an event!

Edited by donrolandofurioso

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Rare Snake said:

I am super happy to see that this one is still in the works! You guys are doing awesome, and I cannot wait to see the finished products. 

Kudos to you for taking on such insanity, I could never. I don't have the talent, imagination or patience. 

Much Respect!!!

Dason

Thanks Dason! I am getting pretty excited as we just may have the car able to do some driving this summer!

On 1/27/2021 at 2:55 AM, donrolandofurioso said:

@white_cross: Yes, my Celica had an 18R-G. I loved the sound of the four carbuartors sucking air through a mostly open airbox! For that time, it was a quick vehicle....maybe not superfast, but driven with the right attitude, there were not very many vehicles that could follow. Unfortunately, a big German Oak tree acted as a guard rail during a rallye and left its imprint in the quarter panel. So when at the finish of the rallye a competitor offered me more money for the damaged car than I bought the Celica for about a year earlier, I took the money and came home with an empty trailer. Replaced the Celica with a Fiat 131 Abarth Walter Röhrl, which I loved as well. But I am still missing the Celica.

I am mesmerized by the amount of work that you guys put into this build - no quick gratification there! But it will be awesome to see this car in action, and I am looking forward to watching it during an event!

Cool story about your celica! I sure would love to get my hands on an 18rg for my other celica project! 

Next video came out this week. Tony and I are back on this build and have scheduled as many Friday evenings as we can get in before Tony has to start with farming stuff so fingers crossed we can get a usable car for this summer. It won't be perfect but should be able to get some testing in this summer and see where changes need to be made. 

On a side not I had no idea you could get older ex NASCAR's for so cheap. Gathering ideas for a future build and this caught my eye: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/40261-My-69-Chevelle-NASCAR-Project/page3 But for now I have my fair share of projects to finish up!

Edited by white_cross

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Devin, I am so excited to see you guys are still slaving away on this!! As always, the work boggles my mind, and I can already see how much of a monster this is going to be. Good job on the new wire stripper too. To me, 26 gauge is where using my teeth is okay (Reason 488 why I'm not allowed to be a mechanic). 

So judging by those seat belts, are you guys going for full street car too?? It would be VERY cool to see this as a cruiser too and not just a trailer queen to the track. 

p.s. I'm still recommending that name change.... The fast snake this year ran 58 seconds and the slow one ran 1:01 in Time Attack.

Loving the work going into this you guys, and I cannot wait to see it! Amazing!!

Dason

• Like 1

@white_crossyou never cease to amaze me with the work you and Tony are putting into this project and the challenges you have to overcome. And then, just when things are going well, you go and burn the seat belt. 

This is one of those "4-P" projects that requires Patience, Persistence, Perseverance, and Plenty of money.  Oh well, you've got 3 out of 4.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2022 at 6:46 PM, Rare Snake said:

Devin, I am so excited to see you guys are still slaving away on this!! As always, the work boggles my mind, and I can already see how much of a monster this is going to be. Good job on the new wire stripper too. To me, 26 gauge is where using my teeth is okay (Reason 488 why I'm not allowed to be a mechanic). 

So judging by those seat belts, are you guys going for full street car too?? It would be VERY cool to see this as a cruiser too and not just a trailer queen to the track. 

p.s. I'm still recommending that name change.... The fast snake this year ran 58 seconds and the slow one ran 1:01 in Time Attack.

Loving the work going into this you guys, and I cannot wait to see it! Amazing!!

Dason

Dason,

The hope has been to keep it street legal! Thanks for the compliments! 

On 3/28/2022 at 7:24 PM, Weebly said:

@white_crossyou never cease to amaze me with the work you and Tony are putting into this project and the challenges you have to overcome. And then, just when things are going well, you go and burn the seat belt. 

This is one of those "4-P" projects that requires Patience, Persistence, Perseverance, and Plenty of money.  Oh well, you've got 3 out of 4.

Yup that sucked burning that belt! Working hard to hit those forst 3-p. The last “p” has led us to fabricate and repurpose things. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This was an exciting couple days! 4-5 years on a “one year build” and Tony and I finally get to drive the car for the first time. Building a house, new babies, covid seem to extend the build length. When we started the build we were the first ones to do a 2.3L ecoboost engine swap and probably the last ones to finish it . It’s not done yet and a few new things to sort out! 

I had fun putting this video together:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...