Portage La Prarie Race Weekend

Mat

As we all know our car count this year has been less than spectacular. We all have challenges to overcome every season in order to participate.

Two years ago we were invited back to Portage. The event was fantastic. The welcome we received was unbelievable from spectator turn out to cooperation from the community. There was quite literally thousands of spectators over the course of the two day event. WSCC showed up with full grids and the weekend was a great success.

Last year we were welcomed back and I myself along with every member that I was talking with leading up to the event were looking forward to a repeat of the previous year. The weather wasn’t in our favour along with a handful of other unfortunate circumstances WSCC made a poor appearance and by Sunday only a few rubber cars were running. 

Our club needs to show up loud and proud for the Portage weekend. Reach out to your fellow racers. Lend a part or a hand. Team up with a co-driver. Come out of “retirement”. Dig out that hunk of junk and throw it on a trailer. Whatever It takes to get cars on the track. If you have a concern or a grievance communicate it to the proper people and not leave it to gossip.

Let’s show up with two full grids and give WSCC, Portage and Mr. Sharples what they’re fighting for. 

Archived