Icecross Lapping Event - Saturday, January 6th, 2018

Jaarreedd

What? 
Icecross style event (driving on a frozen pond, on a track carved out of the snow, in an attempt to get around the course in the quickest times possible)

Where?
Lake Shirley - Off Murdock road, it's the water ski pond in the summer time --> Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/64jLxrbogHP2

When?
10:45 am - Driver's Meeting --> Location: TBD (We'll just congregate together)
11:00 am - 4:00 pm - Ice-cross Lapping --> Let's rip!
We will be doing rotations with the other two groups, so it will run in the following order: 15 min. studded, 15 min. rubber-ice, 15 min. Icecross, repeat

How Much?
Entry Fee: $60 --> We pay what the ice racers pay, plain and simple

What Do I Need?
1. A current SNELL “M” or “SA” helmet
    - SA is strongly encouraged
    - SA helmet mandatory for all vehicles with factory or aftermarket installed roll protection
2. WSCC Membership --> See here: http://www.wscc.mb.ca/join/
3. Winter Tires --> all season tires are not permitted
4. Register for the event on MotorsportReg (make sure to sign up under the Icecross saturday section --> LINK TBD
5. Bring a bucket to put all your belongings in (Rubbermaid tote, for example), as you will need to remove all loose items from your vehicle before you head out on the track.
6. Vehicle must be dimensionally wider than it is tall (same restriction as Autocross)
7. Vehicle must have functional tow points (either factory locations that are intact and easily accessible, or aftermarket hooks in place)

How Do I Sign Up?
Follow the links above, or text/call me at (204) 294-0286 with any questions/concerns.

To answer some common questions:
1. No, you do not need any special modifications to your vehicle. You can show up with your daily-driver (Toyota Tercel, or EVO X, doesn't matter), or your full blown race-car. This is about having fun no matter what you're in, and challenging your skills as a driver. The only requirement is that the vehicle be wider than it is tall (identical rules to Autocross)
2. Do I need a WSCC membership? Yes, this is mandatory for insurance purposes
3. Where can I get a helmet? You can either borrow one from a friend (lots of people in the city that do Autocross, or HPDE that have purchased helmets in the past. OR, go to SpeedFactor or similar speed shops in the city and pick one up for yourself
4. Am I going to have fun? Um, heck yes. This event allows you to do everything you already do when we get a snow storm, but without the worry of being charged for it.
5. Will I become Ken Block / Colin McRae once I've completed this event? No... But if you keep getting involved and participating, then you absolutely have a chance!

Let's get this community going, and have a blast doing it! We had an awesome time last year with a bunch of Subaru's, and even a RWD Volvo! Everyone learned a bunch, so I hope to see everyone out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, Mike_Wrecker said:

For new drivers, would they have to do race school before doing the ice cross?

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this post!

Nope, if you show up to the first icecross day (tomorrow), there is a school put on that morning that works for us.

*Important Information for tomorrow!*

1. You must arrive prior to the 10:45 am driver’s meeting. The ice school will begin at 11:20 am in the trailer with Al Marcoux.

2. If you do not have a WSCC membership you have the option to purchase a daily membership for $10. For this event it will be done at the track with cash, but will be available on MSR for the next events.

3. We will run as long as people are still around, and end no later than 4:30 pm

Archived