Update: Jordan

wolfgirl

For those of you who have seen or heard about the incident at the track this past weekend...
There was a roll over involving studded car #13 which resulted in a very fast response from both volunteers and medical personnel

The driver, Jordan S., was sent to hospital with neck pain from the impact, and after have tests done it was determined that he fractured his C-6 vertebrae 
He is going for surgery to fuse the 2 above and 2 below, and is told he will have a very quick recovery

He should be in for surgery this afternoon, and asks for no visitors during his stay in hospital as he isn't sure how he will feel in recovery
But he does appreciate the well wishes!
Jordan also apologized for not being able to reply to messages, but he can't hold his phone without being yelled at by the machines
If operations go according to schedule, he should go home on Wednesday 

Thank you to everyone involved in helping out with the incident and keeping the event moving smoothly afterwards
If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer them

Also feel free to post any well wishes here, instead of lighting up his phone 

5:30 - Surgery cancelled today, rescheduled for tomorrow

Feb 7 8:30 - Officially scheduled for 7am on Thursday for the operation

Feb 8 1:45 - Spirits are high, MRI has been completed, and now there is just the wait for tomorrow morning.

Feb 10  4:00 am - Surgery complete, in recovery for now.   Saw a video of Jordan turning his head to look at his family in the waiting room. Awesome! 

Hello everyone, thanks for the get-well wished from all of you. 

Had my back operation on Thursday and I'm told it went well. Basically I close my eyes in one area and wake up in another area 14 hours later.  They are trying to get my off my IV today and do excertcises in prep so I can leave. Hopefully by Wednesday/Thursday

I'm told that Portage is proceeding as normal and we should be good to go. 

Thanks everyone

Archived