2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship

Hi Everyone, 

Welcome to the 2015 autocross season! Throughout western Canada, your WCMA clubs have a full season of events planned. There are autoslalom events within the region scheduled for every single weekend from now until October! A big thank you to all of the club officials, organizers and volunteers that make this possible. Their efforts are critical to keeping grassroots motorsport alive and thriving in western Canada. 

I’m very pleased to be able to announce that we have a six-event regional autoslalom championship series scheduled for 2015 and that we have some improvements to the sponsorship and cash prize pool for this year. 

SCHEDULE 

Here is our 2015 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship schedule:

12 July - RDSCC Red Deer

02 Aug - QCMA Regina

22/23 Aug - CSCC/SASC Ft. Macleod (2 days scored)

12/13 Sep - WSCC Winnipeg (2 days scored)

This gives us a total of 6 scored days for the 2015 championship. Competitors will need a minimum of 3 events and will be scored on their best 3 events. 

I have created and will endeavour to maintain two Google Calendars for this season. The first contains all events from all WCMA clubs and the other has just the Regional championship dates. Event organizers, please feel free to let me know of any changes to your schedules and I will update these calendars. 

All Events:

Regional Championship:

SPONSORSHIP

We have an updated and improved sponsorship program from Talon Tire this year. This program has 3 parts: 

1. Gift coupons for top finishers at Regional events

For each scored event, we will have 2 Talon Tire coupons available for $100 and $75 to go to the top 2 finishers (FTD raw and PAX). I will send the coupons out to each club to give away at the end of the competition day. If you're hosting a 2-day regional event, you will have 4 coupons to award.

2. Rebate coupons

All members of WCMA affiliated clubs are eligible to claim a rebate coupon from Talon Tire. The value of the rebate varies from $50 - $100 depending on the purchase. The coupon is downloadable here: 

3. Contingency program 

The Talon Tire contingency program is available to members of all WCMA club. Rules on the contingency program are in the document below. Simplified, the program is: Run Talon Tire stickers on your car and claim $6 - $22 per podium win in your class during the season. 

Club members can combine one Talon Tire Gift Certificate with a Talon Contingency claim and a tire manufacturer’s Rebate coupon.

Complete rules for the redemption of the Talon Tire Coupons are here:

CASH PRIZES & TROPHIES

For 2015, we will again feature cash prizes for the Championship class winners. The trophies will be awarded on the same basis as in previous years based on the number of competitors in each superclass and the trophy cost will be paid by WCMA. The cash prizes for the class (superclass) winners will come from the $5/entry levies from the events. That is, ALL of the levies paid by competitors will go into the cash prize pool and be awarded back to the winners. The more entrants in regional championship events we have, the larger the cash pool will be. 

I’m committed to helping all of the clubs and competitors in the region to get the most out of this autoslalom season, so if there is anything that I can do or WCMA can help you with, please contact me at solosportdirector@wcma.ca

I was at Ft. Macleod a few years ago and it was awesome. Great site. Bigger runway with a parking lot section on the end so you can actually have a sweeper and no need for pivots. I might be able to convince the wife later in the season to head out there for a short holiday since my parents live out west. Would be awesome to have a Winnipeg contingent at the Canadian Nationals... even if I would be at a disadvantage in SP with street tires.

It would be great to see a Winnipeg contingent!

I believe that Reijo is planning dual courses this year, so one of them would have a pivot, and the other one gets the sweeper.  The upside is that we can get a lot more runs done in the 2 days.  The are downsides too: timing data will need too be manually merged at the end of each day, results for the overall scores will only be known at the very end of Sunday, and of course, careful organization to get people into and out of the far (west) course.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

CASH PRIZES & TROPHIES

For 2015, we will again feature cash prizes for the Championship class winners. The trophies will be awarded on the same basis as in previous years based on the number of competitors in each superclass and the trophy cost will be paid by WCMA. The cash prizes for the class (superclass) winners will come from the $5/entry levies from the events. That is, ALL of the levies paid by competitors will go into the cash prize pool and be awarded back to the winners. The more entrants in regional championship events we have, the larger the cash pool will be.

Any news on this? Numbers been crunched? Cheques in the mail?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived