2015 Autoslalom Registration Guide

Hello autocrossers,

Autocross season is a little over a month away  :D. This thread will serve as an event registration guide for 2015. I will update with more info as we get closer to the season. But for now, this is what you need to know/do in order to prepare for the 2015 season as far as registration goes:

1. Renew through DLB

If you are interested in autocrossing with the WSCC this season, it’s highly recommended to get an annual membership. You will get a $10 discount for each autocross event. The annual membership dues are $50. So you will get your money’s worth if you plan on attending 5 or more autocross events in addition to all the other benefits of an annual WSCC membership.

To renew or apply for a new membership:

• Go to DLBRacing.com and create an account or log in if you already have one.
  • Choose “My Clubs” and search through the list for Winnipeg Sports Car Club. 
  • Fill out the application and make sure your info is accurate. It will need to match your MSR profile (see step 2).
  • If you’re a new member applying for the first time, you don’t need to provide a member # as you haven’t been assigned one yet. 
  • Pay your dues via PayPal.

2. Create a profile on MSR

WSCC Autoslalom division is now using a new event registration system for 2015, MotorsportReg (MSR). This system is widely used across North America by over 700 clubs, including the SCCA for Solo Nationals and Tour events.

You will need to create an account on MSR to register online for 2015 autocross events.

• Go to MotorsportReg.com and create an account.
  • Please use the same email you used on your account on DLB. This same email will be used to contact you regarding event info.
  • Please make sure your first and last name are spelled exactly as in DLB.
  • Once you’ve created your account, join the WSCC as one of the clubs you’re a member of. It should come up as a suggestion on your dashboard. Otherwise, you can find your club info under “My Account” and add it from there.
  • When joining you will be asked to provide a member # if you have one. Otherwise, you can leave it blank.

3. Reserve a permanent number for the 2015 season

If you would like to reserve a permanent number for the 2015 season, follow the procedure in the 2015 permanent number thread.

4. You’re done! You can visit the website wscc.motorsportreg.com to view the calendar and register for future events. 

While it's not necessary but it's highly advisable to do the above process ahead of the season. It can take up to a week for your membership info to be verified. This will ensure that any possible issues that may arise can be resolved in a timely manner.

Feel free to ask questions related to registration in this thread.

I Just filled out the mail away application and will mail it off tomorrow morning. I looked at my pay pal account and it was all messed up so I don't trust it. For some reason my name is Charles Dubec. So I am afraid of a scammer on my pay pal.

I just realized that you would've been able to pay for your membership online without a PayPal account. When you are directed to the PayPal page through DLB, there's an option to not login and just provide credit card info. That might work. Anyway I apologize for not catching this earlier. But for whoever else that doesn't want to use PayPal but has a credit card, they can try this option and see if it'll work as I haven't tested it personally.

It won't let me unselect the pay with paypal option

On DLB you proceed with the payment as if you're paying with PayPal. After you select continue to pay with PayPal, you will be directed to the PayPal page which will give you the option "Don't have a PayPal account?" Through that you can use a credit card or possibly even a Visa debit without actually creating a PayPal account.

Oh ok That is good to know for next time. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will get a membership card in the mail once my mailed in application is approved to know that it went through?

Yes or you might also get an email.

Steve Leiding is the WSCC Membership Director. You can reach him at membership@wscc.mb.ca

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my email reminder from motorsportreg, cool. However, for kicks I went and checked the details on the RRX event. Is it a daytime or evening event? Currently it is starting at 10 am. 

I didn't update the schedule for any of the special events such as Gimli or RRX yet. I think we decided on RRX following the same schedule as last year's event. I'll make sure to update the event specific schedule as we get closer to the date.

That's probably a good thing because there will be people that will book up the whole season and then need to cancel as things come up which would be such a hassle. And it probably gives better opportunity for new people that filter in throughout the year to get in on the action.

That and since this is a new system there are things that we might need to adjust later on in the online registration form. So I'm trying to avoid people registering using an old version of the form and possibly missing some information that's requested at a later version of the form.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived