1973 Celica ST (considering subframe connectors)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, nopistons said:

Nice to see you are using the trans (and blanket)!

I was pretty happy to see how it all came together so smoothly. Thanks for hooking me up with the trans.

11 hours ago, Jim Eh. said:

Now he can make some "click - click- wRRRR" sounds to go along with the "brummm - brummm" sounds

Eventually Brummmmmmmm - click -click- wRRR  - "Pawssssst" - brummmmmm :). I was going to take it for a spin down the back lane. The motor was running awesome, Ran it through the gears on the stand, every thing worked well shifted gears nicely. Then  before the drive I decided to put the long tube header on it and it would not run right, I think there was a big vacuum leak somewhere :(. I played with it for a while with no luck, then decided what is the point of getting it to run nice as I am changing the whole intake and exhaust any ways when I turbo the motor. The long tube header was just for its flange to build a turbo manifold but when I bolted it up I realized the design was too poorly made the exhaust ports did not line up very well probably also caused the vacuum leak since it shares mounting bolts with the intake manifold.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Oh man... a blow-through turbo on a carb? I can see that being a complete jetting/fueling nightmare to get running properly.

After filming I was already contemplating an efi once I stumbled on the holly efi stuff compatible with the 4 cyl motors. still in planning stages on this though. Either way I can carb it then go to an holly efi system later. The draw through carb would have been easiest but working with what I have already.

5 hours ago, mcorrie said:

ive done it a few times. not a problem.

Sweet Might need some tips ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Miguel said:

Damn this is a beautiful project. Will be a sweet to see on the road.

The bumper fitment was slick

Thank you for the complements. I sure am looking forward to taking it out for a drive! Hoping to paint it next winter Hard part is picking the color.

Edited by white_cross

• 4 months later...