2015 race school

This HPDE is needed to get a competition License (Time Attack License or Road Race License).

However it is strongly encouraged that all individuals who plan on hitting Gimli road course take the HPDE.

This years cost is yet to be determined but in the past, it has been $250 incl. membership fee.

This school has 2 evenings of classroom theory and demonstration and 2 full days of track exercises.

There will be lots of time to get your lapping on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello;

I'd really like to get my racing license this year but I work alternating weekends and that happens to be a weekend I work. Is there any other weekend that the course takes place or any other way to get one without spending an arm and a leg and traveling out of Province? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hello;

I'd really like to get my racing license this year but I work alternating weekends and that happens to be a weekend I work. Is there any other weekend that the course takes place or any other way to get one without spending an arm and a leg and traveling out of Province? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi That Guy,

How ready are you ATM?  Do you have a race car yet? How bout a suit , hans device ,shoes, SA2010 helmet, balaclava, gloves? If you said yes to most of these questions we will make it happen for you but you need the above covered first.

We might have a school in the middle of the sesason.  How many race events are coinsiding with your work days?

What race weekends are you available?  Earlier the better. Can you possibly take the Friday off of that weekend ? Friday will most likely be the day of your "make" up dry school.

Also the race school in May has 2 evenings of theory tuesday and thursday before the May school weekend. Can you make those dates?

AL

Hello;

No, as of yet I don't have ANY of that lol, I'm planning to get the vehicle before I start buying the other accoutrements. With a little luck I will have the required clothing etc. for July, so I look forward to attending then. Thanks for the information!

Richard

This is for That Guy.  

Hi Richard.  You don't need all that stuff for the school, only a helmet, a membership ($50) and a street car that will last the day on the track.  (Race cars are generally too noisy and you and the instructor can't hear a thing you say.)  The price of the school has gone up to $250 for members.  The alternate school will probably be on our weekend in July with track time Friday and Sunday.  If you can make the Tuesday  and Thursday classes in May that would count toward your July school.

You might want to get your school this year and do some lapping or Time Attacking with whatever you have for a street car.  Come out as much as you can and see what cars look like good competitors before you start buying or building one.  If you come and hang out you can get some tips from all of us and decide which to believe.  Regarding the kids, I don't know how old yours are, but lots of the racers bring their family or kids. Camping is free. The beach is close by as long as you have someone to keep an eye on them.  

Email me at roadrace@wscc.mb.ca if you have questions or if you want me to phone you.

Scott McDonald, Road Race Director & Chief Instructor

Hello;

Good information to know. If it's only the Friday I need off in addition to the Tuesday and Thursday evenings that would make things easier. Is the location/time of the evening classes confirmed yet? I'm going to look at a FV car in the next couple of weeks so if that pans out I may be ready for the beginning of the season.

Thanks for all of the help and information!

Richard

Archived