Speedworld League 2014-15

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League scoring has been updated. Check the first post for the link. Mohamed and I noticed yesterday that the link doesn't always work from a smartphone (both were androids), but if you copy and paste the url, it should work.

There were a couple issues with scoring from the 2nd event that I know of:

1. Marion and Bob passed me on the final lap of the first race. I corrected for those position changes (me down to 7th; Marion and Bob up to 5th and 6th, respectively).

2. I passed Taylor on the final lap of the second race. I corrected for that change (me up to 3rd and Taylor down to 4th).

It appears that the scoring system cuts off the final lap. I guess you could say the guy doing the checkered flag came out after the race was already "over," but we race right to the checkered flag, so I think it should count. I'll talk to Mark about it and see if we can change that. If not, we'll have to keep track of any passes on the final lap all year. If anyone else knows about any other position changes on the final lap, please tell me here.

Can somebody in charge change the title of this thread so Speedworld is spelled correctly? It's just one word, thanks

Sorry about that. I thought it was two words for some unknown reason.  :unsure: 

I can't change the title of the thread. I think a moderator needs to do that. Jeff/Jim can you do that?

That PIP gave me vertigo. Almost barf.gif my supper.  j/k

Different perspective.

LOL I should've watched the video after the upload on YouTube. The PiP frame does not move around on the original file before I uploaded it to YouTube. I think it has something to do with two videos having different frame rates maybe or something. YouTube didn't like that I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Links to Results:

Qualy

Race 1

Race 2

Videos:

Qualy

Race 1

Race 2

My failure happened at the 7 minute mark. I was in 3rd place up to that point slowly catching up to Taylor in 2nd. Beau was in 1st place. If I didn't have the failure, I would've likely ended up in where I was (3rd place) as I don't think I would've had the pace and room to pass Taylor before the race finish. When the race was restarted I was placed in 1st position. It should've been 3rd behind Taylor. Long story short, my formal result should be either 3rd (Taylor 2nd, Beau 1st) or DNF. I vote for 3rd  :lol:

Also, I did notice one thing with the results; Kart 2 won and set the best lap of all 3 sessions. Kart 2 had an average of ~0.6 seconds faster best laps than the 2nd position Kart.

It's unfortunate that your kart broke in the middle of a race. The heim joint at the bottom of the steering column wasn't worn out, it just snapped. All the karts were tested before you got there and #2 was in the middle so I don't know why it would have suddenly become quicker.

Thanks for the reminder; I forgot the results needed to be edited. I bumped Mohamed down by one position (from 2nd to 3rd) and Taylor up by one (from 3rd to 2nd). Scoring is now updated.

How do you know kart 2 was fastest? Can you see the kart numbers in the results, or are you watching to videos to see who is driving each kart and then doing a cross reference?

Ahh ... thanks!

Turns out I had kart 2 twice. And here I thought I just had a really good day. :S I was kinda wondering though. That kart wasn't crazy fast on qualifying, but none of them were with the slippery conditions. It was really good on the second race though. Lots of top end.

Kart #2 isn't a grip kart like #14 or #6, it makes it's lap times with power. Like I have said before, if all the karts are tested and adjusted by driver of X lbs in Y conditions, they will not be equal anymore if either X or Y changes significantly. Example, lets say I test all the karts first thing when I get to work. I weigh 170 lbs and the track is semi-slippery because nobody has been on it. I make all the adjustments and get the karts equal by turning up the power on the karts with poor grip and turn down the power on the karts with lots of grip. Now you guys come along and are all good drivers staying pretty much on the racing line, heating up the pavement. Suddenly, the karts that don't normally have a lot of grip but have the power turned up (#2 as an example) no longer have a grip problem and get better lap times than good grip karts which have had their power reduced. The karts are definitely within .5 seconds of each other under most conditions, actually today we drove all of them and they were within .3 seconds, but the order of which one is quickest and which one is slowest changes with conditions.

Archived