Subaru Impreza help?

I am getting a new muffler (Just Muffler not any piping etc) for a trade on my R/C Helicopter and am planning to put it on my 2004 2.5 non turbo Impreza. I am wondering if any Subaru owners know if installing this muffler is going to require me to tune the engine or if it is ok to run it with out any other changes?

Thanks.

Just get rally armour mud flaps. Nothing says boy racer like those.

I love my rally armour flaps.  They work really well, I think you need the red ones to be "boy racer". :)

They are a must have when you don't live in the city. Although they are not Dr. Hook friendly. :(

Just get rally armour mud flaps. Nothing says boy racer like those.

I love my rally armour flaps. They work really well, I think you need the red ones to be "boy racer". :)
I even put them on my transit van

The cheap entry rally armours are like 30 bucks.

they'll just think your a middle aged ricer :P

Nice!

Some Rally armor mud flaps and a very big WRX Scoop :D. If this was my fun car I probably would be installing a wide body Wrx sedan front end. I have all ways thought the wagons looked sweet done up like that(like the red Rumble Wagon) Well I got the muffler installed and I know the guys at the shop that did the work and they said I should pull out a bunch of the cats etc If I wanted it really loud  :). I decided against it I Knew my wife will still want to drive it too. So I pulled the silencer out of it and it gets nice and loud. So I figured why not I will go for a quick rip up town and get some groceries.

On another note I found a First Gen Prelude for $350 on a local buy and sell page I have never seen one of those before but kind of a cool car. I thought it might make a fun track car with a and engine swap: https://hopshop-pixl.a.ssl.fastly.net/http://s3.amazonaws.com/hopshop-image-store-production/18764972/5ddfd1fdee47f03c2bed60fee0b62456?_ver=large&w=1500&h=1500&fit=max&s=19d5ac896bb6673d62a8b9371a2b5a8f

• 2 years later...

Also I have been researching unequal length headers and how to make them or modify an existing set to get a boxer rumble.    I want to try it on an carbed inline 4 cyl engine that I have as an experiment. I have been having trouble finding proper how to stuff on it. I did find this: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/i4-naturally-aspirated/439729-my-custom-uel-header.html My stock header is cast and not modifiable. I can get a long tube header for the motor and would start with that and modify it to work.

What I do know that cylinders 2 and 4 have to be longer than 1 and 2. I am wondering if there is a specified amount of how much longer #'s 2 and 4 have to be over #'s 1 and 2. I have read 30% in 2 different places.  My firing order on my inline motor is 1-3-4-2 the subaru boxer is 1-3-2-4 So making cyl 1 and 3 shorter than 2 and 4 should still apply.  Any help on this would be awesome. 

Second if I modify my 04 non turbo equal length impreza header to be an unequal length header do I need to tune the car? My mustang has long tube headers with out a tune and no negative consequences minus the hp a tune could benefit having the headers.

16 hours ago, MRS Joe said:

These mods won't affect anything negatively but you won't reap the full benefit unless you retune. 

Sweet! I kind of was wanting to try this mod on one of my old 18r motors out of curiosity. So when I pull up to some place it makes people wonder what kind of motor is in the car. Tuning the carbed motor I can work on my self with a phillips screwdriver :)

Archived