• Announcements

• Jim Eh.

2017 Annual Banquet   10/12/2017

Saturday Octobre 28th Clarion Hotel 1445 Portage ave.  https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Clarion+Hotel+%26+Suites/@49.8818764,-97.1980597,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x52ea7381e7cf9c6d:0x95f65dafca26e11e!8m2!3d49.881873!4d-97.195871?hl=en   Be there or be square!
Sign in to follow this  
conebasher

Is the WSCC putting together a kart league?

Okay, here's the league list so far. We only have 8 people. Anyone else want to join?

Corey

yofa (Bob?)

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Ian

Taylor

Spares:

Brian T

yeah, tuesday the 11th at 7 pm works for me.  i'm Bob.

i created a shared calendar for these events if you guys want to subscribe to it:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ecnkrkerb5af8enbn69pcfuqj8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

i'll keep it updated as we go on.

i think mohamed, dezner and sam showed interest, so i'll try to call them out/get them on.

League (9):

Corey

Bob

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Ian

Taylor

Mohamed

Spares (2):

Brian T

Jeff

This is starting to look pretty good, but we could still use another 1-3 regulars and another 1-3 spares.

Bryan?

Jim?

Jordan?

Chris M?

Joe?

Bryce?

Steve?

There's still room for 2-4 more regulars. C'mon people, it's a ton of fun and will seriously help you improve your driving skills. A lot of what you learn and practise on the kart track can be directly transferred to other forms of racing - solo, autocross, or door-to-door racing. Skills include: shifting weight to maximize grip, threshold braking, using all four of your tires' available grip, adapting to understeer/oversteer (depending on which kart you get) and going fast with either condition, line selection, passing maneuvers, etc. Oh yeah, and the best part is that it's a ton of fun! :D 

League (8):

Corey

Bob

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Taylor

Mohamed

Spares (4):

Brian T

Jeff

Jim

Ian

P.S. there's no penalty or extra fee for signing up as a "regular" league member, but not showing up to all the events. We'll just reserve a spot for you, that's all. :)

There's still room for 2-4 more regulars. C'mon people, it's a ton of fun and will seriously help you improve your driving skills. A lot of what you learn and practise on the kart track can be directly transferred to other forms of racing - solo, autocross, or door-to-door racing. Skills include: shifting weight to maximize grip, threshold braking, using all four of your tires' available grip, adapting to understeer/oversteer (depending on which kart you get) and going fast with either condition, line selection, passing maneuvers, etc. Oh yeah, and the best part is that it's a ton of fun! :D

For myself, the best benefit from the speedworld league was honing in my mental game. Prior to the league, I didn't fully understand what state of mind I needed to be in in order to perform well. I knew the spectrum ranged from; "pumping yourself up" (like a boxer before going in the ring) to a "state of meditation" to get in the zone. After some trial and error, everyting from screaming and swearing at every turn to day dreaming I found something that worked for me. The longer seat time (~10min vs 1min autox runs) at speedworld really helped me hone in on it. As a result, I now know ahead of time what I need to do in order to prepare myself for the next auto-x run, the biggest benefit was seeing improved consistancy in performance.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this