Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conebasher

Is the WSCC putting together a kart league?

32 posts in this topic

Corey - Tuesdays are preferred. Wednesday and Friday are ok.  6:30 to 7:30 start times are preferred.  Every other week is nice.  

Yes! Sooooo looking forward to it. I'm in!

Mon-Thu for me. I like around a 7:00 start time.

More seat time. I'm in.
No social life to speak of, so when ever Corey picks me up is fine.

We'd be up for it. Tuesday would be our first choice as well.

I don't know if I'd be able to make all of the races, but I definitely want to come to a few, also, any day other than wednesday works for me, tuesday would be best.

Hey, FWIW I'm out this year. I'm looking at an extremely busy winter ahead; will definitely miss the bi-weekly speed fix.

You guys and gals have fun!

Yup, that works for me. Looking forward to it.

I'll see you all on Tuesday, Nov 11 at 7:00 pm.

I will miss the bi-weekly speed fix this year as well. spent too much on the Celica. might come in for one or two as an alternate after Christmas tho.

Okay, here's the league list so far. We only have 8 people. Anyone else want to join?

Corey

yofa (Bob?)

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Ian

Taylor

Spares:

Brian T

yeah, tuesday the 11th at 7 pm works for me.  i'm Bob.

i created a shared calendar for these events if you guys want to subscribe to it:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ecnkrkerb5af8enbn69pcfuqj8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

i'll keep it updated as we go on.

i think mohamed, dezner and sam showed interest, so i'll try to call them out/get them on.

League (9):

Corey

Bob

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Ian

Taylor

Mohamed

Spares (2):

Brian T

Jeff

This is starting to look pretty good, but we could still use another 1-3 regulars and another 1-3 spares.

Bryan?

Jim?

Jordan?

Chris M?

Joe?

Bryce?

Steve?

What and miss those cookies? Of course i would like to come out as a spare when time allows.

I'm more than likely going to have to be switched from regular to spare. My time might be limited this year.

There's still room for 2-4 more regulars. C'mon people, it's a ton of fun and will seriously help you improve your driving skills. A lot of what you learn and practise on the kart track can be directly transferred to other forms of racing - solo, autocross, or door-to-door racing. Skills include: shifting weight to maximize grip, threshold braking, using all four of your tires' available grip, adapting to understeer/oversteer (depending on which kart you get) and going fast with either condition, line selection, passing maneuvers, etc. Oh yeah, and the best part is that it's a ton of fun! :D 

League (8):

Corey

Bob

Beau

Chris B

Art

Marion

Taylor

Mohamed

Spares (4):

Brian T

Jeff

Jim

Ian

P.S. there's no penalty or extra fee for signing up as a "regular" league member, but not showing up to all the events. We'll just reserve a spot for you, that's all. :)

There's still room for 2-4 more regulars. C'mon people, it's a ton of fun and will seriously help you improve your driving skills. A lot of what you learn and practise on the kart track can be directly transferred to other forms of racing - solo, autocross, or door-to-door racing. Skills include: shifting weight to maximize grip, threshold braking, using all four of your tires' available grip, adapting to understeer/oversteer (depending on which kart you get) and going fast with either condition, line selection, passing maneuvers, etc. Oh yeah, and the best part is that it's a ton of fun! :D

For myself, the best benefit from the speedworld league was honing in my mental game. Prior to the league, I didn't fully understand what state of mind I needed to be in in order to perform well. I knew the spectrum ranged from; "pumping yourself up" (like a boxer before going in the ring) to a "state of meditation" to get in the zone. After some trial and error, everyting from screaming and swearing at every turn to day dreaming I found something that worked for me. The longer seat time (~10min vs 1min autox runs) at speedworld really helped me hone in on it. As a result, I now know ahead of time what I need to do in order to prepare myself for the next auto-x run, the biggest benefit was seeing improved consistancy in performance.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0