Event#2 Mylaps

Hi Doug and Hamish, Thanks very much for the work you guys put in to this.

On the points system does a car not need to finish 50% of the race before they qualify for the 1 point minimum if they DNF? I was just looking through the WCMA rules and from what I can find it only lists the calculations for their points system for the designated WCMA regional races and it doesn't list the DNF or . I can't see where it says for our normal regional races.

There were a few races that cars didn't make half way before DNF'ing and still got one point. I could be hearing the rules incorrectly as I can't find them online.

Thanks. 

The WSCC scoring rule we follow is - if you get the green flag you get a minimum of 1 point. 

Another rule we follow - if there are 6 cars entered in your class for the weekend than each race is scored as if all your class cars are there even if they don't start the race.

We know WCMA can score differently than WSCC but we only calculate WSCC points.

WSCC points used to be published in the sup regs but I haven't looked for this year's version and was not told of any scoring changes.

Hope that helps.

- Doug

The WSCC scoring rule we follow is - if you get the green flag you get a minimum of 1 point. 

Another rule we follow - if there are 6 cars entered in your class for the weekend than each race is scored as if all your class cars are there even if they don't start the race.

WSCC points used to be published in the sup regs but I haven't looked for this year's version and was not told of any scoring changes.

Hope that helps.

- Doug

That is perfect! Thanks for the clarification Doug. 

Hope that helps.

- Doug

According to the Supp Regs which are  posted on the website Doug is correct.  All DNF's get 1 point.

Scott McDonald

Archived