2014 Road Race Supp Regs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this JohnnyV. 

I'm going through the info right now, does anyone have an idea what has changed since 2013? Usually it's in BOLD but it doesn't appear to be that way. 

Thanks. 

Reading through the 2014 Supp Regs: 

Under: On Track Conduct: 

1. It states that: Any contact with another vehicle or a solid object will require the offending driver to pull in to the Hot Pits immediately

My point: Is this new? I have never seen an offending driver pull in to the Hot Pits after an incident until they were black flagged. This must be a new rule as it was not followed last year. 

5. Any car that puts 4 wheels off the track more than once during a racing session must report to the Hot Pits/Steward immediately

Is this rule new?

I have been racing for 4 years now and I have seen cars going off the track repeatably and nobody pulled in to the hot pits voluntarily. 

Thanks. 

It has always been a rule but it was never enforced when I raced. I voluntarily pulled in my first year and was told if i didn't get a black flag dont come in. 

Thanks Jim. Appreciate your input. BTW - got your car ready for this racing year?

From the Stewards POV; can you clear this up for us please? 

Thanks. 

It has always been a rule but it was never enforced when I raced. I voluntarily pulled in my first year and was told if i didn't get a black flag dont come in. 

Thanks Jim. Appreciate your input. BTW - got your car ready for this racing year?

From the Stewards POV; can you clear this up for us please? 

Thanks. 

We will clear this up at the Drivers meeting's.

Bob W- Senior Steward

• 1 month later...

The Supp Regs have been updated slightly. 

Jordan brought up a good point about needing to search for updates. I found a program that runs a diff on .pdf files, so that's pretty nice.

Here are the changes in this update:

• To be eligible for WSCC series points, all Formula V 1200 cars shall run Falcon Azeni RT615K tires in size 195/60R14. 
(Changed from: Yokohama A032RH - 185 / 60R 14)

• Children 12 and under are not allowed outside the camping area unless accompanied by an adult whenever the track is open for racing. Leashes are optional. (removed)

I have mixed feelings about change #2  :D

Archived