Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, MRS Joe said:

All jdm automatically goes to Street Modified. 

You will be in SM-S

With your modifications you’d end up there anyway in a nadm car

Thank you Joe! appreciate the reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trophies are based on the rule of 1/2 plus 1. This year we have 18 races, so that gives 10 races (18/2 + 1 = 10) that count for point towards the championship. First place gets 1000 points and everyon

Smarta$$ answer: Yes! It's called A-Mod (PAX = 1.00)   Regular answer: NYC (Not Yet Classed) is a local creation meant for first timers who have not yet figured what class their cars falls under. Tha

Yeah. I'd probably let it go for $7000 if I do end up selling it. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Steeda24 said:

Hi, I’m running a 2018 Kia stinger gt. All stock. Just wondering what class in street it falls under. 

Hi, I just reviewed the current 2018 Rulebook and all addendums since its release. At this time I do no see any classing for the new Kia Stinger. The official class at this time is Super Street (SS) under the "catch-all" however I expect this to be officially classed somewhere else when reviewed.

 

I'll keep an eye out and report back if I see a listing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

I apologize in advance for my noob level here but as I have just registered for my first event ever, I'm hoping someone can confirm that I have elected to enter my vehicle into the appropriate class. I have chosen STX as I believe it is the correct class for my 2017 Toyota 86 with its current modifications. These modifications include:

- Enkei RPF1 Wheels (17x9 +35)

- Bridgestone RE-71R Tires (245/40R17)

- TRD Lowering Springs

- SPC Camber Bolts (front)

- TRD Catback Exhaust

- Berk Front Pipe w/HFC (catalytic converter is in the same position as the OEM frontpipe)

- Mtech Shifter Return Springs

Please advise on the classification I have chosen.

Thanks,

Louis

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, rjames said:

2003 350Z with a Carbon fiber hood would bump me into Street Modified I believe? would it fall into SM or SSM?

The progression from least to most modified for a 350z would be C-Street, STU, BSP, SSM.

The 350Z would run in SSM due to the carbon fiber hood. As only Street Modified allows for hood replacement or modifications.

Quick rule:

SSM = 2 seat cars

SM = 4 or more seats car (from the factory)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First page has been updated with new links and info.

 

2019 PAX factors: https://www.autox4u.com/blog/2019-pax-rtp-index/

 

A reminder there's been some classing changes for 2019. BS, CS and DS appears to have the taken the most changes over last year.

Notable changes

S2000 (non CR) is now in C Street

Focus RS is now in D Street! ( @Weebly  all aboard the pax gravy train)

 

As always, any questions or clarifications please ask!

Edited by Magner
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Magner said:

First page has been updated with new links and info.

 

2019 PAX factors: https://www.autox4u.com/blog/2019-pax-rtp-index/

 

A reminder there's been some classing changes for 2019. BS, CS and DS appears to have the taken the most changes over last year.

Notable changes

S2000 (non CR) is now in C Street

Focus RS is now in D Street! ( @Weebly  all aboard the pax gravy train)

 

As always, any questions or clarifications please ask!

Too good to be true, but I need all the help I can get.  

I noticed Roberto signed up with a 2018 Focus RS in B Street.  That's what you get for running a front LSD.

Thanks @Magner for all the effort you put in over the years helping people class their cars. We'll see you on Saturday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy,

I've changed the OE wheels and tires on my 2015 VW Golf 1.8t - everything else stock.

Original wheels and tires: 6Jx15 ET43, 195/65R15

New wheels and tires: 7JX17 ET54, 225/45R17, 500 treadwear

I believe this would put me in STH according to 2019 rules but STH is not available on motorsportreg when registering.

I looked at the 2017 rules and the 1.8t Golf was in STS. Should I choose STS in motorsportreg?

Thanks,

Matt

 

Edited by Matt N
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, Matt N said:

Howdy,

I've changed the OE wheels and tires on my 2015 VW Golf 1.8t - everything else stock.

Original wheels and tires: 6Jx15 ET43, 195/65R15

New wheels and tires: 7JX17 ET54, 225/45R17, 500 treadwear

I believe this would put me in STH according to 2019 rules but STH is not available on motorsportreg when registering.

I looked at the 2017 rules and the 1.8t Golf was in STS. Should I choose STS in motorsportreg?

Thanks,

Matt

 

Hi Matt,

You are correct, your car is classed in STH based on the latest 2019 rules. Unfortunately we missed adding STH as an option in MotorsportReg.

I would suggest signing up with STS for now, hopefully we are able to manually assign you STH in person at the event.

 

Hopefully we will have this fixed by the next event, thanks for asking!

Edited by Magner
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Hey all,

I'm hoping to be able to attend my first autoslalom event June 13/14, I've applied for Wscc membership on motorsportreg, got the wiaver and supp regs so I think I'm just about good to go but I had questions about classing my car and helmet requirements. I have a 2019 base Mustang ecoboost. From what I've read that would put me in Street DS? The only thing I've modified on it is adding a Ford performance strut tower brace with cowl brace. Does this change the class I enter my car in?

Regarding the helmet, I gather it's better to buy a SA2015 helmet over a Snell M2020 but price may have to decide for me as from what I've seen the SA helmets are more expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations where to go locally for a helmet? 

I've been looking at this https://perryautolaval.com/collections/helmets/products/zamp-fs-9-helmet?variant=30931510984844 my budget is around $200.

Or if someone has a helmet for sale? I believe I'm an XL.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

For local sources try Speed factor on Pembina, or Classic Motor Works just North of the Perimeter off Main St. Both are sponsors for our club .If they don't have something in stock, they can usually get it quite quickly for you. I can't give you any pricing, but both are known to be reasonable and tend to really support club members.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rob said:

Hey all,

I'm hoping to be able to attend my first autoslalom event June 13/14, I've applied for Wscc membership on motorsportreg, got the wiaver and supp regs so I think I'm just about good to go but I had questions about classing my car and helmet requirements. I have a 2019 base Mustang ecoboost. From what I've read that would put me in Street DS? The only thing I've modified on it is adding a Ford performance strut tower brace with cowl brace. Does this change the class I enter my car in?

Regarding the helmet, I gather it's better to buy a SA2015 helmet over a Snell M2020 but price may have to decide for me as from what I've seen the SA helmets are more expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations where to go locally for a helmet? 

I've been looking at this https://perryautolaval.com/collections/helmets/products/zamp-fs-9-helmet?variant=30931510984844 my budget is around $200.

Or if someone has a helmet for sale? I believe I'm an XL.

Thanks!

Hi Rob,

The strut tower bar rules are a little confusing. It depends on what the car had stock. Did the car come with a strut tower brace from the factory? if yes, did it connect the struts together or did it also connect to the firewall?

If you the car came with strut tower bar from the factory with a 3 attachment points it would be legal for STU. If the car came with a 2 point bar or did not come with any strut tower bar I could recommend signing up in CAM-C class as it is not legal to a triangulated strut bar in STU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I just finished my first event and want to figure out how some upcoming mods are going to affect my class/PAX. I have a 2005 Legacy GT, currently just has an ECU tune. I'm going to be putting coilovers on the car very soon. I believe at this point I would be in Street Touring? Would I be in Street Touring Xtreme or Hatchback (hatchback says for turbo hatchbacks and sedans)?

I'm also considering replacing my uppipe and downpipe with catless pipes but want to make sure that's allowed and if so what class it puts me in. 

Thanks,
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BradlyW said:

Hi everyone,

I just finished my first event and want to figure out how some upcoming mods are going to affect my class/PAX. I have a 2005 Legacy GT, currently just has an ECU tune. I'm going to be putting coilovers on the car very soon. I believe at this point I would be in Street Touring? Would I be in Street Touring Xtreme or Hatchback (hatchback says for turbo hatchbacks and sedans)?

I'm also considering replacing my uppipe and downpipe with catless pipes but want to make sure that's allowed and if so what class it puts me in. 

Thanks,
 

Hey Bradly! Saw you out there this weekend! Hope you had a good time!

Based on your current ECU mod you are in STH, (All Legacy GT 05-08 in ST trim are in STH not STX, which is an advantage!)

The coilovers are also legal for STH, I believe the uppipe is legal however the downpipe is not without the cat. You could replace the downpipe in ST but it must still have a cat and be within  6 inches of the original cat location. Hope that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Magner said:

Hi Rob,

The strut tower bar rules are a little confusing. It depends on what the car had stock. Did the car come with a strut tower brace from the factory? if yes, did it connect the struts together or did it also connect to the firewall?

If you the car came with strut tower bar from the factory with a 3 attachment points it would be legal for STU. If the car came with a 2 point bar or did not come with any strut tower bar I could recommend signing up in CAM-C class as it is not legal to a triangulated strut bar in STU.

My car didn't come with any kind of strut tower brace from the factory and the aftermarket part I put on is a triangulated strut bar, it connects to the firewall and across the struts so I'll be signing up in CAM-C, thanks for the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 10:13 PM, donrolandofurioso said:

Hi Rob

For local sources try Speed factor on Pembina, or Classic Motor Works just North of the Perimeter off Main St. Both are sponsors for our club .If they don't have something in stock, they can usually get it quite quickly for you. I can't give you any pricing, but both are known to be reasonable and tend to really support club members.

Thanks for the tips don, I'll be checking those out and tips on used helmets also this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 8:13 PM, Rob said:

Regarding the helmet, I gather it's better to buy a SA2015 helmet over a Snell M2020 but price may have to decide for me as from what I've seen the SA helmets are more expensive.

One minor clarification: the major difference between an M (Motorcycle) and an SA (Special Application) helmet is a fire-resistant liner in the SA. SA helmets are required for road/ice racing. Along with a fire suit, HANS, etc. 

There is a larger eyeport requirement in the M. There's talk of a multiple-rollbar impact test in the SA, but I can't see any difference in the actual SNELL documents. This makes sense as a motorbike crash is rather unpredictable as well! 

If you do not plan on road/ice racing in the next 5 years, you can save money by getting an M helmet that's newer and will last longer before it ages out. If road/ice race is in your near future, get the SA now! 

Once the new standard comes out (2020 will probably be available later this year), then the M2010 helmets will be aged out and need to be replaced by 2021. So an M2015 will be good for another 6 years or so, M2020 for another 11. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Magner said:

Hey Bradly! Saw you out there this weekend! Hope you had a good time!

Based on your current ECU mod you are in STH, (All Legacy GT 05-08 in ST trim are in STH not STX, which is an advantage!)

The coilovers are also legal for STH, I believe the uppipe is legal however the downpipe is not without the cat. You could replace the downpipe in ST but it must still have a cat and be within  6 inches of the original cat location. Hope that helps.

Thanks! That helps a lot. So is going catless not allowed in any class? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BradlyW said:

Thanks! That helps a lot. So is going catless not allowed in any class? 

To clarify the cat would be required in ST class however it is allowed in Street Prepared so with a catless downpipe the car would be in ESP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, Magner said:

Hi Rob,

The strut tower bar rules are a little confusing. It depends on what the car had stock. Did the car come with a strut tower brace from the factory? if yes, did it connect the struts together or did it also connect to the firewall?

If you the car came with strut tower bar from the factory with a 3 attachment points it would be legal for STU. If the car came with a 2 point bar or did not come with any strut tower bar I could recommend signing up in CAM-C class as it is not legal to a triangulated strut bar in STU.

Well after looking at the pax this past weekend and realizing I could have finished 5th instead of 10th in novice the strut brace is coming off! Anyone interested in buying a ford performance triangulated strut tower brace for a 2015-2019 Mustang? lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...