Jump to content
Magner

Car Classing Guide + Help Thread

Recommended Posts

On 6/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, MRS Joe said:

All jdm automatically goes to Street Modified. 

You will be in SM-S

With your modifications you’d end up there anyway in a nadm car

Thank you Joe! appreciate the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I’m running a 2018 Kia stinger gt. All stock. Just wondering what class in street it falls under. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steeda24 said:

Hi, I’m running a 2018 Kia stinger gt. All stock. Just wondering what class in street it falls under. 

Hi, I just reviewed the current 2018 Rulebook and all addendums since its release. At this time I do no see any classing for the new Kia Stinger. The official class at this time is Super Street (SS) under the "catch-all" however I expect this to be officially classed somewhere else when reviewed.

 

I'll keep an eye out and report back if I see a listing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

I apologize in advance for my noob level here but as I have just registered for my first event ever, I'm hoping someone can confirm that I have elected to enter my vehicle into the appropriate class. I have chosen STX as I believe it is the correct class for my 2017 Toyota 86 with its current modifications. These modifications include:

- Enkei RPF1 Wheels (17x9 +35)

- Bridgestone RE-71R Tires (245/40R17)

- TRD Lowering Springs

- SPC Camber Bolts (front)

- TRD Catback Exhaust

- Berk Front Pipe w/HFC (catalytic converter is in the same position as the OEM frontpipe)

- Mtech Shifter Return Springs

Please advise on the classification I have chosen.

Thanks,

Louis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to go! Everything you listed is legal for Street Touring (ST). Great package for a competitive start to STX. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2003 350Z with a Carbon fiber hood would bump me into Street Modified I believe? would it fall into SM or SSM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, rjames said:

2003 350Z with a Carbon fiber hood would bump me into Street Modified I believe? would it fall into SM or SSM?

The progression from least to most modified for a 350z would be C-Street, STU, BSP, SSM.

The 350Z would run in SSM due to the carbon fiber hood. As only Street Modified allows for hood replacement or modifications.

Quick rule:

SSM = 2 seat cars

SM = 4 or more seats car (from the factory)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First page has been updated with new links and info.

 

2019 PAX factors: https://www.autox4u.com/blog/2019-pax-rtp-index/

 

A reminder there's been some classing changes for 2019. BS, CS and DS appears to have the taken the most changes over last year.

Notable changes

S2000 (non CR) is now in C Street

Focus RS is now in D Street! ( @Weebly  all aboard the pax gravy train)

 

As always, any questions or clarifications please ask!

Edited by Magner
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Magner said:

First page has been updated with new links and info.

 

2019 PAX factors: https://www.autox4u.com/blog/2019-pax-rtp-index/

 

A reminder there's been some classing changes for 2019. BS, CS and DS appears to have the taken the most changes over last year.

Notable changes

S2000 (non CR) is now in C Street

Focus RS is now in D Street! ( @Weebly  all aboard the pax gravy train)

 

As always, any questions or clarifications please ask!

Too good to be true, but I need all the help I can get.  

I noticed Roberto signed up with a 2018 Focus RS in B Street.  That's what you get for running a front LSD.

Thanks @Magner for all the effort you put in over the years helping people class their cars. We'll see you on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Howdy,

I've changed the OE wheels and tires on my 2015 VW Golf 1.8t - everything else stock.

Original wheels and tires: 6Jx15 ET43, 195/65R15

New wheels and tires: 7JX17 ET54, 225/45R17, 500 treadwear

I believe this would put me in STH according to 2019 rules but STH is not available on motorsportreg when registering.

I looked at the 2017 rules and the 1.8t Golf was in STS. Should I choose STS in motorsportreg?

Thanks,

Matt

 

Edited by Matt N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, Matt N said:

Howdy,

I've changed the OE wheels and tires on my 2015 VW Golf 1.8t - everything else stock.

Original wheels and tires: 6Jx15 ET43, 195/65R15

New wheels and tires: 7JX17 ET54, 225/45R17, 500 treadwear

I believe this would put me in STH according to 2019 rules but STH is not available on motorsportreg when registering.

I looked at the 2017 rules and the 1.8t Golf was in STS. Should I choose STS in motorsportreg?

Thanks,

Matt

 

Hi Matt,

You are correct, your car is classed in STH based on the latest 2019 rules. Unfortunately we missed adding STH as an option in MotorsportReg.

I would suggest signing up with STS for now, hopefully we are able to manually assign you STH in person at the event.

 

Hopefully we will have this fixed by the next event, thanks for asking!

Edited by Magner
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...