Congratulations to this years Ice racing Champions!!!

RTI:  1st   Lee McRae

2nd  Pete Loewen

3rd   Vasilis Schindle

BR:    1st   Jordan Sharples

2nd  Bill Langner

3rd   Al Marcoux

ST:    1st   Tim Gordienko

2nd  Mario Gagnon

S:       1st Colin McKee

O/all points Champion: Lee McRae.  Way to go Lee!  You earned it buddy!

Rookie of the year: Vasilis Shindle. Pat yourself on the back!  I see a future champion here!

Thank you everyone for participating in the 2014 Ice racing season.

O/all points Champion: Lee McRae.  Way to go Lee!  You earned it buddy!

Rookie of the year: Vasilis Shindle. Pat yourself on the back!  I see a future champion here!

Great job Lee! Us boys in Portage refer to you as "Mr Consistency" as you are always picking, clawing and digging. Good work and congratulations, you deserve it. 

Congrats to Vasillis, you drive a heck of a car plus seem to drive clean from my pov. 

Nice year! Can't believe it's already over. 

Thank you very much Jordan we try pretty hard to be consistent all year! It was definitely a change to be back on rubber this year, I myself quite enjoyed racing the guys in rubber! Maybe next year we can return to studs. I'd just really like to thank all the volunteers that make this deal happen event after event you ladies and gentlemen are amazing people, I know when I finally hang the wheel up I will return the favor to the club! See everyone next year and remember keep the shiny side up!!

Lee and Les.  

I know I spoke to you guys about this after the Enduro at Gimli but I thought I'd share the tow truck view with others. Les did a spectacular rollover on the front straight after leading the studded enduro for quite a while.  The Spectators loved it. Working to get the car back on it's wheels I was amazed at how tight and together it was.  You really see how well a car is built when you see it upside down.

Stu and I managed to get the tow truck off the track in time to see the grid go past for the restart and low and behold, there was Les tucked in happily at the back of the grid.  He was working his way back to the front when he got "meatballed" for the missing rear-facing fog light knocked off during the rollover.  Thanks to Gloria Gordienko, who was working the grid job and let the pit crew know of the meatball call, Les was back on track less than a lap lat, complete with new fog light, and worked his way to the front where he finished.  Having to do it three times made for great watching for the rest of us Les.

Archived