The Rally X event will be held in Stony Mountain,Mb and drivers will be asked to meet me at the Esso station just north of the city up Route 90 / hwy #7 for 12:30 p.m on March 15th.

I think the helmet has to meet SNELL 2010 specs but I will have to find out exactly what will pass for this type of event. There are several motorsports shops within the city, best bet would be either Enns Brothers on Lagimodiere blvd just south of Dugald Rd or there are a couple places on Dugald Rd just east of the over pass. Can't think of the names off hand.

Yes by all means if any of the ice racers etc.. want to come out and give this a shot, I am all for it. FYI Would have to put you guys in your own class etc to make it fair for the street driven cars. The car does not need to be licensed, but must be in a good state or repair, with functioning brakes, brake lights etc.

So what I am saying is if you have an old project car or something you don't care if you break it, bring it out. How you get it there is up to you.

There are two club sponsors that sell helmets; Dirk at Classic Motor Works and Phil at Fast Toys Performance. Their info should be in the vendor section. rules for helmets would probably be the same as autox. Snell 2010 M for non caged cars and SA for caged cars.

I am guessing this will be in snow since it is in a few weeks. What sort of track will it be? should we be scared of bringing a daily driver? how much will it cost? do we need a membership? what time do we meet? we need to know these things.

I have created a Facebook page to make it easier for people to post questions etc.. https://www.facebook.com/WSCC.RALLY

The first event is on March 15th and will be held in the Stony Mountain area. We are meeting at the Esso Station 5 km north of the perimeter up Hwy #7 for 12:30 P.M

The track will be a combination of snow, dirt and grass as the course degrades over the afternoon is will be mostly snow by the end of the day. If it is your winter beater then should not be too bad if you have some decent AKA stock ground clearance or better. But if this is your all year round daily driver then there is definitely potential to do some damage to the front plastic bumper cover and surrounding plastic trim pcs etc.. This being said there is no insurance coverage so if you break something it will come out of your own pocket. If that is too much risk for you don't enter or find something else that might handle the course.

I have talked to Al Marcoux the Ice Racing Director and I have asked him to invite the ice racers down for this event as well. FYI vehicles do not need to be insured to participate but must be in good running order. RE: Don't bring a vehicle you know has a bad oil leak etc.. or not structurally sound etc..

Costs will be $20 for members and $30 for non members. Unless we get a lot of people out I will be running this event as a deficit as I have already spent over $100 in diesel creating the track and will have to clear the track prior to the event which will cost me more in fuel costs etc..

So spread the word I am still waiting to hear back from a few places in regards to having poster made for the event.

Made the trek out to Red River College and paid the $10.00 they charge to put up 6 flyers on their bulletin boards.  Have been able to have a few businesses put them up, but it's been pretty quiet considering event is 3 days away.

I just found this link and is honestly the first i hear of Rally cross in Manitoba (I have checked the WSCC website periodically in the past and have never seen it before).

Unfortunately I don't have a suitable car anymore (sold my 1991 jetta) but i do have a Tacoma i wouldn't mind driving...

Whats the word on a light truck?

Ill also let my car buddies know to try and get some more guys out. I would love to see Rally x take off in Manitoba.

If the tacoma is too out of place I will still make it out for some spectating.

Cheers all.

Blow a fuel pump so I wont be able to run this weekend. Will still try and make it down to watch and give support. Also if I could get a link to the next event poster, I can print my own and put a few up, i know a number of business that wouldn't mind hanging up a flyer.

Sorry to hear that, yes you are welcome to attend, I honestly don know how many vehicles are coming and trying to get  all these wishy washy people to commit is like playing Russian Roulette.

Steve the photographer has confirmed he is coming and Al Marcoux is sending me another fellow and I think I have about a half dozen who said for sure and a dozen more I can't confirm at this time. Temperature is going to be perfect at around -10 or thereabouts so hopefully it won't get too muddy.

I really wish I could come out to support this, but its just not in the cards right now. Too much work to do to get my shop organized and my Celica ready for autoX season. Plus I dont want to risk my daily driver Mazda 3. Good luck guys! can't wait to see some video.

Thanks again to Steve for coming out on such a chilly afternoon. I wish this would of gone better, but going forward it gave me a better understanding on how to design and set up a Rally X course and the time and expense required for such an event. Also thank you for the shots you did take which turned out fantastic as usual.

• 1 month later...

We had something but nobody showed up.  It must have been very frustrating for the director.

Aside from frustration, it cost the club quite a bit of cash.

To start up now means we will have to renew our membership with C.A.R.S. in order for our insurance to be in place.

We would also need a director to fill the position.

Archived