Sign in to follow this  
Jackal

TSD Rally Planned for Feb 2014

Jackal    10

I am currently working on the first TSD or Navigational Rally. I hope to pull this off soon and would like to see the event run Saturday Feb 22nd.I will post weekly updates.Next week I will be actively visiting different dealerships as I want to use one for the start of the Rally. Going to be starting with my Favorites Waverley Mitsubishi who has been a great host for us in years past and will also be speaking with a couple people down at the Subaru dealership as well. For the finish location I will be sticking with tradition and having us get together at a local restaurant. In the past we have used either a Boston Pizza or Altos, but I would like to shake it up a bit and I would like some suggestions as to alternatives and if possible find out if we can get a discount or group rate etc...FYI I have already started getting texts and emails and have confirmed 3 teams already for this first event. I will be making an effort to use social media and hope to have a Facebook page dedicated to this in the near future. This would be intended as a more convenient way for people to get their questions answered in a Timely manner and be able to post info on their team and confirm you are still a go for the event so we know how many teams to expect and how many people for the restaurant to expect etc..

Jackal    10

I had a meeting this morning with Rino Attardo the President and General Manager over at Waverley Mitsubishi and he has graciously agreed to host and sponsor the 1st TSD Navigational Rally this coming Feb 22nd 2014 at 1.P.M. on Saturday at Waverley Mitsubishi in the Waverley Auto Park. So it's now official, we would like all those interested to use this thread to post up you intend on going and provide the name of the Driver and Navigator. ( First names are fine) and what type of vehicle you will be using.Cost will be $5 dollars per person for WSCC Members and $15 dollars for non members. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the event to register, sign waiver, pay for event and to show your valid license and registration. We will have on hand Membership applications if you haven't renewed your yearly membership yet or are wanting to try out this new sport. You can save $10.00 off per person the first event by becoming a Winnipeg Sports Car Club Member. Yearly member ship only costs $ 50.00 for the whole year and after 4- 5 events will have paid for itself. This includes all WSCC events including Autocross etc..Please spread the word as that seems to be the best form of advertising in this city. I will be reaching out to a few of the car clubs in the city and hope to have at least 25 teams registered for this event. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions to help promote this event.ThanksJack

Jackal    10

I have had a few more people contact me and submit their teams we are only at about 6-8 teams right now, would like to see at least 10 show up.

Now  sign up thread up and running, please post your team info there.

Jackal    10

I need all teams to arrive by at least 12:30 p.m in order for all paperwork to be completed, vehicles to be inspected and drivers/ navigators meeting etc.. prior to starting the event.