Roof mounted number plates

Al Marcoux

For the Blumenort event all cars will have new roof mounted number plates that mount to your cars roof via a magnetic holder. The number plates are free but the holder isn't it's about 10 bux.The number will already be glued to the plate along with SAR the sponsor that is providing us with these number plates. They will be available at the Blumenort event at registration. You won't be permitted to race without it. Looks like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_p...n/photostream/

• 2 weeks later...

aside from the base issues, i think the sign failure itself lies with the decal placement with respect to the direction of the corrugations in the plastic. they are horizontal. if they were vertical, it would be stronger and perhaps may be more resistant to the slight breeze that they will see.

Mine stayed on and vertical during the race but the trip home made it look like an Orca that has been in captivity all it's life. The drawback of changing the orientation is that you will lose the grip of the cleats inside the base.

I was thinking the same thing although two self-tapping screws in the base through the corroplast should hold them in there.

No need to fret. NEW number plates version 2.0 will be ready for next blumenort meet. The ribbing will run the other way and galvanized reinforcement rods in each side to keep them upright as the coreplast already has airspaces for this and they will be stronger on their own and the rods inside will ensure this. The holders will be reusable as if properly inserted they should have plenty of gripping power.If not nothing 1 screw can't fix. And yes Jorden the numbers will be reconfigured to not be slightly obscured by the mount. All racers that have paid will receive a new reconfigured plate FREE . These will be the most functional and best looking plates on any circuit and if not onto version 3.0

Archived