Speedworld League 2013/14

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Full Time1. Brian T.2. Kyle L.3. Corey D. 4. Ian W.5. Beau6.7.8.9.10.11.12.Spares1. Chris M.2.3.4.5.IIRC, 12 was the max we could have on the track during any one race. Maybe it has changed. Mark/Briget can you confirm?

Full Time1. Brian T.2. Kyle L.3. Corey D. 4. Ian W.5. Beau6. Carlos7.8.9.10.11.12.Spares1. Chris M.2.3.4.5.IIRC, 12 was the max we could have on the track during any one race. Maybe it has changed. Mark/Briget can you confirm? __________________

I'm in! This year will be very different with the new track. I don't think there will be as much of a train going around!Full Time1. Brian T.2. Kyle L.3. Corey D.4. Ian W.5. Beau6. Carlos7. Taylor K8. Jordan9. Jeff J.10. Bryan S.11.12.Spares1. Chris M.2. Jeff C.3. Jim4. Curtis5.

I'd like to put forward a new rule this year: Any former/current imployees of speedworld and/or previous multiple champions are exempt from earning bonus points. Any points they might earn would go to the next driver(s) in the standings. IE. A former chapion/employee qualifies in first place, the drivers who qualify second and third would get the bonus points. Also if they have the fastest lap in a race, the bonus point would go to the next fastest driver.This rule may not make a difference in the standings at the end of the season if we take last years points as an example where Bryan S would still have won easily without any bonus points but at least it will give the rest of us a fighting chance and keep the standings somewhat closer against drivers who might be argued have an unfair advantage.All in favour?

Can champions include champions at autocross? because other wise I feel like I'm being picked on a bit... :P and then also Jeff can't get the bonus points that I would be letting go sometimes :DAs a side note, I went by speedworld tonight, and while I'm not slow, I'm not very fast at this track... but the track is SO much fun. I am still able to make my kart the entire width of the track though :D

Sorry I'm not in support of this bonus point rule. I say we all just practice more or look at our driving with a critical eye in order to close the gap. :)Plus Bryan and Jeff can bleed each other out for bonus points it won't be too bad.

Sorry I'm not in support of this bonus point rule. I say we all just practice more or look at our driving with a critical eye in order to close the gap. :)Plus Bryan and Jeff can bleed each other out for bonus points it won't be too bad.

I say we all just practice more or look at our driving with a critical eye in order to close the gap. :)

I don't have a strong opinion on how points are calculated, but... THIS.^2 tips:1) Get behind someone fast and mimic them. Watch where they drive and when they get back on the gas.2) When you're matching someone's pace, try experimenting with different lines; note whether you gained or lost track position from that change.3) Don't follow Corey. I'm not saying he's not fast, he just farts a lot.You can learn a lot in just a few races if you focus on it, so if you feel like you have no chance of winning a race this season, you're wrong.

Sorry I'm not in support of this bonus point rule. I say we all just practice more or look at our driving with a critical eye in order to close the gap. :)

^ I fully agree with this, though I'm open to whatever the majority of people have to say. If we want to cancel the bonus points altogether, or cap them somehow, or otherwise change anything, I'm all ears.On the topic of keeping points - who wants to do it this year? I'm sure you'll all default to "Beau can do it," but I'd like to take a bit of time off from that stuff if possible. If someone else wants to maintain the points, I will gladly sit down with that person and show them how to make a spreadsheet. They can also go in a different direction, be creative with it, if they wish. So basically I'll provide free training and support! ;)On another topic of points - Jeff and I had a brief conversation about changing the scoring system a tad so that it's more competitive and more fun for everyone. I'd be willing to discuss this with a very open mind. E.g. more or less weight for fastest lap bonus points; more or less weight for qualifying vs actual races, change up the order between races, etc. etc.

Archived