2013 Team Series

Attached are the rules for the 2013 Team Series. The committee members for the Team Series are:apex - Chris DeaconFast_Toys - Phil Reddyjustkickin - Tim RobinsonQuestions will be answered here and an announcement made at the May 18, 19 and June 1st events if possible and time permitting.The first team event is scheduled for June 9th. If you are interested, please submit your name here and pay your entry fee, in cash, to a committee member, no later than the June 1st event. There will also be a sheet to enter with and a method to pay at the event registration table for the next 3 events (exact change only please). Teams will be posted online before the June 9th event and on the trailer the morning of the June 9th event. Posting of results will be informal. Keep in mind that the ultimate goal of this series is fun. If you wish to enter here, please copy and add your name to the list in the format illustrated. Name, Car Make, Car Model, Competition Class, Number Years autox experienceTim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in. Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1 Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9 Will the teams be pitted together, as a group? I realize this could cause problems with drivers in the same class running in both the early and later heats, but I think the team concept will be more fun and also serve to raise the level of driving, if the teams are grouped together, with the top 10 RAW driver serving as the captain/coach. Dave

I'm in. ... Will the teams be pitted together' date=' as a group? I realize this could cause problems with drivers in the same class running in both the early and later heats, but I think the team concept will be more fun and also serve to raise the level of driving, if the teams are grouped together, with the top 10 RAW driver serving as the captain/coach. Dave[/quote']Thanks Dave. No, teams will not pit together, however we can work with grid to see about gridding team members in the same run group close to each other. The teams will run as per the normal event and their times will then be extracted from the overall results and processed separately. This year is essentially a pilot program to be analyzed and adjusted for next year.

What about casual drivers? I can't make it out anymore nearly every weekend as hardcore as most of you still do... But I do plan on coming out to several events throughout the summer.Does that make us casuals exempt? If not,Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1 Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Edit: nevermind.. I see that it's only 4 events for Team Series. But what if a competitor is unable to attend one?

Sounds like fun. I'm in. Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1 Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2

Why not?Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Tim can I borrow 5 bucks?

One of the events just has to be the week before my wedding. I guess if Brendon does not sign up I can get him to sub for me. INTim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2

I am inTim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford Mustang GT,SM 7

Thanks Dave. No' date=' teams will not pit together, however we can work with grid to see about gridding team members in the same run group close to each other. The teams will run as per the normal event and their times will then be extracted from the overall results and processed separately. This year is essentially a pilot program to be analyzed and adjusted for next year.[/quote']Thanks Tim, It is only 4 events, would it really be a big issue to group the teams together for that day? I don't think it would affect the individual class championship standings that much. Having some team members driving while some are marshalling doesn't seem as much fun nor does it generate the team spirit during the event as much. I'm still in, either way.:D I like the potential of this series to evolve into something special. Dave

I am inTim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford Mustang GT,SM 7 Derrick P., Toyota Corolla, SMF-S, 3My first event is June 1/13. I will pay you when I see you Tim.

Thanks Tim' date=' It is only 4 events, would it really be a big issue to group the teams together for that day? I don't think it would affect the individual class championship standings that much. Having some team members driving while some are marshalling doesn't seem as much fun nor does it generate the team spirit during the event as much. I'm still in, either way.:D I like the potential of this series to evolve into something special. Dave[/quote']I believe they don't want this to influence regular event standings. If you moved the people around you potentially could have sp/mod or stock guys running in both groups. If conditions varied(rain sprinkling) then one could have an advantage and mess regular class results up.

I'd like to be in. I will miss the June 9 event though if that's ok. Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic Si Turbo, SM, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford Mustang GT,SM 7 Derrick P., Toyota Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10

Looking forward to this! If I forget to mention it at the next event, somebody please remind me!Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7 Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8

Having some team members driving while some are marshalling doesn't seem as much fun nor does it generate the team spirit during the event as much.

I'm with Dave.With members of teams marshalling while others are running, it kind of defeats the purpose and team spirit, IMO. There is no sense of camaraderie, and you can't regroup with your team and egg eachother on before/after runs if everybody is running completely independently like it's just a normal event. What's the point?Just looking at a bunch of results after the fact isn't really team-oriented.

I'd love to be in, but I would hate to handicap my team with my HORRIBLE pax adjustment... (yes to those who were wondering, I'm fine with my handicap [har har] as I really just race for raw times). If there was someone willing to offer up their vehicle for the team competition, maybe a co-team drive / two people from separate teams driving the same car, I will take it. Feel free to send me a PM and we can sort out the details!As a side note, since the results are based on PAX time, should the top ten rule be changed to only one top ten PAX driver allowed per team? I bring this up because there is sometimes a difference...

I believe they don't want this to influence regular event standings. If you moved the people around you potentially could have sp/mod or stock guys running in both groups. If conditions varied(rain sprinkling) then one could have an advantage and mess regular class results up.

Would it be possible to have two different event setups, one with the teams pitted together and running in the same group and another with individual classes grouped, like we do now? If the weather/track looks like it's going to be consistent all day, run the team setup. If the weather or track surface is going to possibly change, run the normal setup. Would that be a difficult thing for timing and scoring to do? Obviously, the decision would have to be made before 10:00am, to allow the cars to be pitted accordingly.

Of course, I'm in. I've been recommending this team format for 3 years now.Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7 Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8Peter G, Porsche Cayman S, AS-S, 4

Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7 Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8Peter G, Porsche Cayman S, AS-S, 4Shawn C, Golf R, SM-S, 8

I too would like to do this but I will be missing the June 9th event as well if that thats alright.Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7 Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8Peter G, Porsche Cayman S, AS-S, 4Shawn C, Golf R, SM-S, 8Igor Č, Acura Integra GSR, STC, 1 (technically 1/2)

First, thanks for all the interest folks. Now on to all the replies. Note that I won't be doing this every night with the multiple quotes, but I saw this one coming. :D

I am inMy first event is June 1/13. I will pay you when I see you Tim.

Thanks Derrick. That may be my first event as well. :(

I too would like to do this but I will be missing the June 9th event as well if that thats alright....

That is fine. Because these following ones are all related' date=' they are put together.

Thanks Tim, It is only 4 events, would it really be a big issue to group the teams together for that day? I don't think it would affect the individual class championship standings that much. Having some team members driving while some are marshalling doesn't seem as much fun nor does it generate the team spirit during the event as much. I'm still in, either way.:D I like the potential of this series to evolve into something special. Dave

Thanks Dave and Kosta" data-date=" what Joe said. [quote=Hard Dog;213119">

Would it be possible to have two different event setups, one with the teams pitted together and running in the same group and another with individual classes grouped, like we do now? If the weather/track looks like it's going to be consistent all day, run the team setup. If the weather or track surface is going to possibly change, run the normal setup. Would that be a difficult thing for timing and scoring to do? Obviously, the decision would have to be made before 10:00am, to allow the cars to be pitted accordingly.

This might be an option for next year. Having said that, we need this year as a pilot and to set certain baselines. Weather is not the only confounding factor, so are volunteers. We need a process that can piggy back off the existing event structure without adding more work for current volunteers or requiring extra volunteers. Our plan is to try and keep teams balanced in such a way that they can run in the same run group if possible. Unfortunately, we simply cannot guarantee it as there are too many unknown variables. For example, weather and how many register in which classes, can effect run group compositions, which can then be thrown out of whack with drive ups. Until we see how this plays out, we can't start adding organizational layers. Even if team members are in separate run groups, there is still plenty of time during the day for camaraderie and strategizing, it is just a little different. I hope that answers the questions. These are good ideas, and we are always looking for input to improve the process and the fun factor for all.

Why not, I'm in if you'll have me.Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2 TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7 Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8Peter G, Porsche Cayman S, AS-S, 4Shawn C, Golf R, SM-S, 8Igor Č, Acura Integra GSR, STC, 1 (technically 1/2)Ian W, Infinity Get35, FS-S, 1

An option would be to run this in fun runs and you could do group battles that way. Designate those certain events as you have so people know it'd be later. That's the only way I could see it being done. Those events would not have regular fun runs. It would be the team event after the reg event

Good idea Joe! Might be able to do all of this during fun runs and really make it interesting. Plus, everyone would have 4 "practice" runs already, so it should make for a tight competition. Just need to ensure we have enough participants.Dave, Kosta, others: I'm all for making this thing work for everyone. I think we all are. We just have to be cognizant of following our normal rules for regular events at the same time. Tim explained it pretty well.As Tim mentioned, we can run the team events this year in a simple way and then learn how to improve it. In fact we could run one event and then change it slightly for the next event if we see an opportunity to improve.Now for my 2 cents: On one hand I'd love to have my whole team watching me and helping me in the pits; on the other hand it would be far too hectic with 3-4 teammates all running in the same run group. Anyone who co-drives can tell you that there is pretty much zero time to think between runs. If all teammates were together, it would be like codriving on steroids! So maybe it's better to have some teammates in the morning and some teammates in the afternoon. Gives you reason to watch the other run group closely too. Also lunch break would be more exciting, with all the sharing of info and strategy.

An option would be to run this in fun runs and you could do group battles that way. Designate those certain events as you have so people know it'd be later. That's the only way I could see it being done. Those events would not have regular fun runs. It would be the team event after the reg event
Good idea Joe! Might be able to do all of this during fun runs and really make it interesting. Plus' date=' everyone would have 4 "practice" runs already' date=' so it should make for a tight competition. Just need to ensure we have enough participants.Dave, Kosta, others: I'm all for making this thing work for everyone. I think we all are. We just have to be cognizant of following our normal rules for regular events at the same time. Tim explained it pretty well.As Tim mentioned, we can run the team events this year in a simple way and then learn how to improve it. In fact we could run one event and then change it slightly for the next event if we see an opportunity to improve.Now for my 2 cents: On one hand I'd love to have my whole team watching me and helping me in the pits; on the other hand it would be far too hectic with 3-4 teammates all running in the same run group. Anyone who co-drives can tell you that there is pretty much zero time to think between runs. If all teammates were together, it would be like codriving on steroids! So maybe it's better to have some teammates in the morning and some teammates in the afternoon. Gives you reason to watch the other run group closely too. Also lunch break would be more exciting, with all the sharing of info and strategy.[/quote'']Problem with doing them during fun runs is that we don't always do them if the event runs long or the weather turns bad etc. Beau makes a valid point as well. As a codriven car, I can tell you there isn't much time between runs as it is. Adding more to fit between runs would, IMHO suck the fun out of it by adding stress to the day.

Personally having half your team race in the morning might be more fun. You can talk and get/give advice during the lunch break.It's the first year, just wait and see how it goes. Should be a hoot !I am curious about how/who will be making the teams ? My bad if there is already info somewhere on this.

I guess if other people that get killed by PAX are throwing their names in, I'll put mine in too.Tim R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 6Liam R, Chevrolet, Z06, SS-S, 1Dave P, BMW, Alpina B3, DSP-S, 9Kosta F, Civic, Si Turbo, SMF-S, 12Beau M, Subaru, WRX STi, STU, 2Jim A, Subaru, WRX, DS-S, 1Brian T, Mazda, 3, HS-S, 2TrevorB, Ford, Mustang GT,SM, 7Derrick P., Toyota, Corolla, SMF-S, 3Joe P, Toyota, MR2 Spyder, CS-S, 10Jeff J, Honda, S2000, BS-S, 8Peter G, Porsche Cayman S, AS-S, 4Shawn C, Golf R, SM-S, 8Igor Č, Acura Integra GSR, STC, 1 (technically 1/2)Ian W, Infinity Get35, FS-S, 1 Bryan S, Toyota, MR2 V6, SSM-S, 3

Do we really need to use PAXed times for the team event? If you select the teams to be even, based on Raw times, we still get a good competition, but we're all racing straight up for a change.

Do we really need to use PAXed times for the team event? If you select the teams to be even' date=' based on Raw times, we still get a good competition, but we're all racing straight up for a change.[/quote']I'd prefer that too. PAX is trash.As long as the teams are evenly distributed with different types of cars/drivers, there should be no reason whatsoever to use that crap.

Archived