Time Attack for next year

The new Time Attack season will be starting soon so I was wondering if I could get some feedback from racers. How many of you were paying attention to/caring about the points standings? Is it worth doing again this year? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to improve Time Attack this year?Thanks

I liked the format last year.I only came to Time Attack once last year, but I classed my car anyway just to see how it works and also for future knowledge in case I decide to compete next season. Personally, I'm focused on autocross, not on TA. However, if I were more interested in getting on the track, I would really like the format you used last year. It made sense and was easy enough.Whether it's worth doing or not, you'll have to get some feedback from the "regulars." My point of view represents the casual racer who might only show up once or twice.

My plan right now is to rebuild my celica for time attack so I will be out as often as I can. As an autoxer I really enjoy keeping track of my points so I would say stick with the system you started last year.Also I am wondering if I can apply for a race licence without taking the school this year if I took it last year? The celica probably won't be ready in time and I don't think I will have much fun driving the mazda 3 again.

Also I am wondering if I can apply for a race licence without taking the school this year if I took it last year?

Yes to the license.I'll probably do time attack this year, unless there is a shortage of corner workers, or I get my act together on the road race civic.I think points + classing is a step in the right direction. Time Attack feels like it falls somewhere between autocross and road race, so I think points and classing supports that ideology pretty well.

Archived