RallyX NEW Event #1 - this Saturday, Jan 26

Hi all,We are going to try this again. This week we should also be able to get Rally Director Henri Marcoux out as he was away last week. We will basically maintain the same plan as the Saturday plan. There will be no Friday school session. If you are planning on attending RallyX, please email me your name, email and cell# in case weather cancels this one, too and I will be able to reach you. I had meant to get that info on Friday but it slipped my mind. Email: velocitychris@gmail.com---------For our initial event we want to try to encourage people to come out and get familiar with their cars on an ice track. This is not going to be a timed event (we are going to try and get that going for the Feb 2 event - no promises, though). Just come out to have fun and learn some basic skills. But as such, this will be a free event for WSCC members and non-members will be $10 cash day membership (but we encourage you to pay the very affordable $50 and then you have a full year to enjoy this and other WSCC events).Date: This Saturday, January 26, 2013Location: Blumenort, just a little south of the #1 Highway on the away to Steinbach. Google Maps search: "Blumenort MB R0A 0C0"Agenda:Arrive about 10:30 amsign waiver11:00 track time, no more than 2 cars on the track, 15 minute sessionslearn how to handle your car on the trackWe will go until around 4:00What do you need:- bring your street car or prepped car- snow tires (you won't get anywhere on all seasons)- helmet (we are trying to secure extra helmets from the AutoSlalom guys for those that don't have)- bring a bag lunch and something to drink (there is a Smitty's nearby, I am told)- dress warmCostCurrent WSCC Members - FreeDay Members - $10 (but if pay your $50 for full membership and you can race all year across all the different race disciplines)bring CASH at the event, pleaseWe will be using the Ice Race course, through the generosity of the Ice Race group. They are plowing the course wider for this event to give everyone a little extra 'learning' room. There will be snow banks on the sides. Course should be reasonably smooth - as smooth as Winnipeg roads for sure.(if I have forgot anything, please add below. I am new to this!)CheersChris Clarke2001 Audi TT2009 Audi A4

That was great fun, thanks to the organizers and workers! I'll miss the next one, but might catch the third one. Man, I bet that turn complex furthest from the pits would be stupid fun in a studded car! I forgot to turn my microphone on for my camera. Oops. I'll try to get a video up later.

Here's two short videos from today of Corey and Al taking one of the corners.Coreyhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/40991851@N03/8418904894/in/photostream?likes_hd=1Alhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/40991851@N03/8418777483/in/photostreamThe pictures will be better and up later tonight. I'll post when. Here's one shot for now.Posted Image

My videos will be live shortly. My quickest lap:

A compilation of a couple of not-so-good moments and a lot of sliding:
For the data nerds: I got to 70% throttle once, the rest of the time I peaked around 50% throttle. Cornering, braking, and accelerating were all around 0.4G.

For the data nerds: I got to 70% throttle once' date=' the rest of the time I peaked around 50% throttle. Cornering, braking, and accelerating were all around 0.4G.[/quote']What about top speed?Also, Corey, your camera mount setup works great!Love the wave to Steve from both inside and outside the car.

94-ish kph on the back straight, slowing down to between 30 and 25 kph on the left-hand hairpin.I'm happy with the camera setup too! That mount was originally made for my Focus a little over 10 years ago; two new holes to account for different headrest spacing and it was converted for Subaru use. That's good bang-for-your-buck!

My videos will be live shortly. My quickest lap:
A compilation of a couple of not-so-good moments and a lot of sliding:
For the data nerds: I got to 70% throttle once' date=' the rest of the time I peaked around 50% throttle. Cornering, braking, and accelerating were all around 0.4G.[/quote']That looks like a ton of fun, might have to try it next time! What are the maximum speeds you were seeing? Just for fun I would be curious to see what the same car with studded tires could achieve in the corners.

It definately was a lot of fun. Max speed I got up to was about 60km in my fwd but I am sure the subies went faster. Speed is not what makes it fun tho, its the chalenge of getting it sideways through the corners without spinning. I said while I was there that it was the most fun I have ever had at 20km per hour.

Archived