Direzza ZII

90RioGS

Tire Rack gets the dates from the manufacturer so they are usually very accurate but some times production delays push the dates back and then Tire Rack updates their web site. It's up to you if you want to switch. You know where to find me :)
Thanks Phil...yeah' date=' on vacation in AZ! lol :D
Tim: Just talked to Tire Rack. Some of the sizes like the 295 really got pushed back after their meeting with BFG today. They are showing May 17th on those now. Some of the other sizes are actually do in in the coming week.It's up to you whether you want to risk it but your spot is still on the list right now.
They showed that date last night as well. The 315's are even further back in June. I think I will sit tight. Based on prior schedules, that is only one or two events off the start of the season with crappy tires. Hopefully further testing continues to support initial impressions.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Phil...yeah' date=' on vacation in AZ! lol :DThey showed that date last night as well. The 315's are even further back in June. I think I will sit tight. Based on prior schedules, that is only one or two events off the start of the season with crappy tires. Hopefully further testing continues to support initial impressions.[/quote']Thats one or two easy wins in stock for me ;)

Thats one or two easy wins in stock for me ;)

I think you are forgetting there are several other talented drivers in stock that you have to get by as well there Joe. I might not be a threat on Z1s to start out the season but there may be a couple other guys on fresh ZIIs or rivals.

I think you are forgetting there are several other talented drivers in stock that you have to get by as well there Joe. I might not be a threat on Z1s to start out the season but there may be a couple other guys on fresh ZIIs or rivals.

Nono, I'm well aware. I was just bugging Tim. Stock this year is going to be a battle. We will save that for another thread. My z2's are still pending but they figure mid to late march

According to a guy in the states who has Z1s from last year, ZIIs, and Rivals.

While the Rival looks huge compared to the unmounted ZII's, when compared to the mounted Z1's on identical wheels, the Rivals and Z1's are essentially identical in height...at least for the 245/40/18's. What makes them seem bigger is that they appear to have more curb protection near the rim.

(Note that when he refers to "height" he's talking about stacked tires so it's actually the tires' widths he's comparing.)

I just got great news' date=' my 225/45/16's aren't expected till the end of may now... :(That means I won't have tires for at least 3 events. Dunlop sucks :P[/quote']As does BFG! Wonder what this does to RT* this year. Aren't you supposed to have 9 sizes readily available by end of April to comply with SCCA rules? Haven't seen much on this front on the SCCA forums lately.

The issues was addressed a few weeks ago. http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517

2/22/2013- BFGoodrich G-Force Rival Eligibility:The SEB has reviewed section 13.3 of the Solo Rule Book with regards to tire eligibility, specifically, the question of 13.3.B and the words "by April 30". It is clear to the SEB that the language used in this section is ambiguous and fails to communicate the intent of 13.3 in a concise manner to our suppliers and our competitors. We must take responsibility for the fact the rule is poorly written. The SEB will submit a new draft of 13.3 for member comment. Well respected members and advisory committees of the Solo community differ in their interpretation of this section. The SEB has communicated with BFGoodrich and there is high confidence they will meet tire size/diameter requirements for the 2013 Solo schedule. We want the membership to know the use of these tires in competition prior to April 30th is not a rules violation. It is in the best interest for all involved to give guidance now. The BFG Rival tire will be eligible for National Solo Events immediately and will remain eligible for 2013 provided section 13.3 is met in its entirety by April 30, 2013.

So basically the tire is presumed legal unless they can't meet the quota by the cut off date. Expecting this in the news any day now: Police reports indicate a Dunlop employe with a matchbook and a gas can was found near the burning BFG plant. :P

Thanks Chris...missed that post on the forums. Now the big decision to make. Do I blow off this year's local season and wait until mid-June for a set of 315's for the rear, get a SCCA membership and head for Lincoln in the fall. This would be a gamble as there is still no testing on the Rival vs ZII. Hmmm, may be time for another thread.

Tim' date=' you and I can wait and battle. I'm going to have to deal with it and will run my 175/65/14 motomaster all seasons for two events unless I get lent a generous donation :P[/quote']Nice...motomasters vs azenis (rear) and kumho xs's (front)...who can avoid more cones, dnfs and spins...this is our challenge for the first few events. lol

Tim' date=' you and I can wait and battle. I'm going to have to deal with it and will run my 175/65/14 motomaster all seasons for two events unless I get lent a generous donation :P[/quote']If you are really nice I might be able to lend you a set of 15x7 wheels with yokohoma Sdrives on them. They are just sitting in my basement right now.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've had a couple days on my new ZII's on the S2k since the weather here has been awesome lately (19C today, supposed to snow tomorrow...??). Obviously no autox events on them yet, and the streets are really dirty and cold.. But I still love them! Despite the conditions, they grip REALLY well. They behave much like the ZI's on the street. They're no noisier than the ZI's. They seem no more harsh than the ZI's. Really happy with them so far, so I can't wait to try them out at the limit!

Archived