MOD questions

DrJer

The preliminary indication is that I'll be put into MOD1 class for SoloSprint.The rules seem to indicate with a 5 point harness the crotch/lap belts can't go around the seat. And that the seat must be designed for anti sub belts.Is this true/necessary? and if so,Am I allowed to modify my existing seat to accomplish this?For the passenger seat also I assume?I have a '97 Corvette with the stock seats, 6 point rollbar/5 point harness. (700rwhp)Is anyone able to clarify this for me?

Looking into it.Al WSCC tech inspector

The preliminary indication is that I'll be put into MOD1 class for SoloSprint.The rules seem to indicate with a 5 point harness the crotch/lap belts can't go around the seat. And that the seat must be designed for anti sub belts.Is this true/necessary? and if so' date='Am I allowed to modify my existing seat to accomplish this?For the passenger seat also I assume?I have a '97 Corvette with the stock seats, 6 point rollbar/5 point harness. (700rwhp)Is anyone able to clarify this for me?[/quote']

Racing seats have high sides to help keep driver in one place. These have openings for belts to pass through both in the sides and in the bottom for the crotch strap. These help to position the belts so they are in contact with the body and you don't get thrown into the belts in an accident. What sort of seat do you have? Is it a factory seat? If it doesn't have the high sides you may be OK with just installing the belts over the seat. Make sure that there is no slack between you and the belts when you are seated with the harness installed.We estimate that a good seat and belts is wort almost 2 seconds a lap in most cars!

I just have the factory corvette seats right now which don't have too high of side cushions but no hole for the crotch strap. I just sat in a couple aluminum race seats today - there is a significant difference! I'm thinking I might buy a seat that I can swap in/out for events if it wouldn't be too unreasonable to install seats once I had the brackets in place.

I just have the factory corvette seats right now which don't have too high of side cushions but no hole for the crotch strap. I just sat in a couple aluminum race seats today - there is a significant difference! I'm thinking I might buy a seat that I can swap in/out for events if it wouldn't be too unreasonable to install seats once I had the brackets in place.

Do it! The difference it makes is incredible.

Archived