Moving company?

I'm moving* and need to find a good recommendation for a moving company. Any suggestions or horror stories? How about general moving tips? It's been a long time since our last move - which we did with a couple of friends, some sore backs, and lots of pizza.I think I should move the 'special' stuff like snowboards/car parts/tools. I assume the costs for those things rise exponentially. True or false?* Not going far, just towards Birds Hill Park. No, I don't have a big shop. Yet! ;)

Even though I'm in Portage la Prairie, I have used A2B Moving several times. They have great service, very clean, professional and will move anything. They did move all my tools after I packed them up as best I could. A2B Moving Company204-633-4483I believe I spoke to Aaron.

I used Alero Worldwide (who also owns or is affiliated with NorthAmerican Van Lines Canada and Two Amigos) twice last year. Relilable and great service. Free estimate. Speak to Bob Herda at 779-0714 or © 791-1413. They charge by the size of the truck you require. They charge for 2 men they supply.Moving tips: I'd box my things and move them in to one room near the exit. Empty one room at a time. Wrap up your picture frames as unwrapped frames are not insured if broken during the move. Movers will not transport flammable liquids/gas. I always move my precious things on my own.If not too late, try to get possession of the new house at least a few days prior to giving up possession of the existing house.Although not related to the physical aspect of moving, ask yourself, "do I need interim financing?"

Nice, Steve! We're going to be Southeast of the 44/206 intersection. A little further out than we were planning but we got the right deal on a nice place. Tip for sellers: Get your Realtor to take good pictures. The pictures of our new place sucked --> few people at the open house --> only one bid. Worked well for us though!Thanks for the tips all!

• 1 month later...

We're 60% in, with the rest finishing this afternoon. Woohoo! We got a bunch of quotes. Quality Care moving was highly recommended by a couple other friends, they just happened to be the cheapest by far. We went with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. They made it look easy! I would recommend them to anyone that finds this thread in the future.

• 2 months later...

I took the recommendation from this post and tried to book with Quality Care Moving two weeks before my shop closed down for Monday. They guy never showed up to give me a quote and I had to email him a few times to finally get a quote via email. They tried to reschedule multiple times and ended up cancelling on me 20 mins before they were supposed to be there. They also were rude and sexist on the phone to Janna when she called to find out what was happening. The only good thing they did was refer us to another place that did a great job (Riverbend Moving)

Archived